Facial advice please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supaspot

Reaction score
Our All Ireland Champs are coming up soon and I want my team to look their best , I know the judge likes shaved faces and a very exotic look so Ill have to shave mine , I have no problem doing muzzles but Ive only ever done eyes a couple of times and they didnt look that good , I need advice !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to assume you are talking about facials, I hate them! I have done them, so this is how I was taught, get a bucket heater and warm water, make sure the water is very warm, after clipping with a 30, 40 or 50 depends on which area, hold a rag soaked in the warm water over the area to be razored, then apply shaving cream, then use your razor, as for the eye area I go from the outside over the lid toward the inside then blend in with a 40 blade. The muzzles is tricky as some have swerls and the hair can go in many directions, so use your warm wet rag to warm the area then apply cream and use your razor, it may take many applications till all the muzzle is shaved, then blend in with your 30. Make sure not to make a straight line, but blend into the face or under the halter line. I reallyt is a pain in the you know what and you must be careful not to nick your horse.

Thankyou its the shape over the eye I had trouble with , it looked so strange

headshot.jpg

This is a facial Samantha did on Mercury.

Its best to practice before you have to do it for a show. Stars has a good chart on their website to show a facial and how to do over the eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are on FB, find Brooke TheClippergirl, she just finished a video on facials that you can get through her website. I havent seen it yet but she does a great job so just an idea to look into!

Thankyou
default_smile.png

That's why I got out of showing dogs (shelties) - because of all the "make up"- shaving, leading, tons and tons of chalk, etc. etc. etc. I body clip, baby oil or use highlighter (no markers or such) and such. But IMOO there's just too much extreme "make up" for my tastes. We still get CH's or on top. That's just my opinion. Each to his own. Not condemning anyone else.

Latest posts

Back