Facebook page

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilnickers

Reaction score
I apologize if this already been discussed, but I had trouble with the new SEARCH.

I already have a website, but would like to also have a Facebook page for my farm. I know alot of you all have your farm on FB.

Should I do a FAN PAGE or a "friend" page. Is there any costs involved. Facebook doesn't seem to explain it very well. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

lf you have a FB account it's easy to add a page for your farm..just click on create a page on the bottom right hand corner of any page and it tells you what to do in easy to follow steps or click on the help section on any bottom page and type in the question how to create a page. l know it's easy because l did one all by myself which is a feat in itself for our farm Little L Acres SKR Farm and post all my news and pictures on it to do with the minis...it's free

Last edited by a moderator:
I just made a farm page too only a couple of weeks ago , I didnt know what to list it under (was looking for hobby) so I put it as a company which is wrong but it doesnt seem to make any difference

Do a fan page for sure. There are no costs associated with having a fan page, even if it's for a commercial enterprise. I have one for my dog training business and it's great!

Thank you for your replies, I am still not sure which to do, fan page or friend page. How does each show up on others' newfeeds? How does the fan page work? Will it show on people's pages who have "liked" it when i post a picture for example? Or is that with a regular friend page?

Oh my, sorry bout the zillion questions!!! Somehow.....I will figure this out!

Yes, the fan page will show on people's news feeds if they have "liked" the page.

Here's the difference -- let's say you create a new account to make a friend page. That means if I'm interested in what you have to say, I have to "friend" you. If I "friend" you, you can see all of my information that I post (photos, status updates, etc). I don't want a complete stranger knowing what I am up to! (No offense
default_smile.png
)

With a fan page, I "like" the page and can see everything you post to it, BUT you cannot see my personal info. You will get a notification saying "Catsie likes your page" but you cannot view my news feed, private pictures, etc.

Does that make sense?
default_smile.png

Catsie, that made total sense! Thank you, thank you
default_yes.gif

Guess some things have to be spelled right out for me!!

I will do a FAN page
default_thumbup.gif

Latest posts

Back