Eyeliner

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albahurst

Reaction score
Can eyeliner change from pink to black?

My new filly's eyeliner is about 1/3 pink and 2/3 black. It is surely interesting. I believe her to be a sabino, also, so maybe that is why the dual coloring? Anyone know?

Peggy

I personally have not seen a color change happen to eyeliner, however, with these guys anything is possible.
default_biggrin.png
Perhaps someone else can help answer this.

(sorry - typo)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you mean as in a foal being born with pink and turning within a 1-3 weeks, yes. both palomino fillies born here this year had pink eyeliner that turned to black, one turned within a week, the other took a bit longer, but she was a paler palomino.

Carolyn

Ohhh, this is good to know! It seems like everyday there is more black and less pink. She is 12 days old now. The black is getting more pronounced (darker and more defined) and covering more area now. It will be interesting to see what happens. It really seems that she will end up with black eyeliner. Actually, her photo is on another thread. I need to check to see if her eyes can be seen really well in the photo.

Thanks so much!

Peggy

Edited to add: I looked at her photo on the other thread, "Posting new foal pic for Peggy @ Albahurst" . I can see on this photo that her lower eyeliner is black and the upper is about half or so black now and the rest is a more 'pinkish' color than black. Interesting!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had non pinto - non white face horse born with liver-pink skin around the eyes which did turn black. But, I do not think that pinky-pink skin the color you've seen on adult horses will turn black.

Latest posts

Back