EYE SURGERY - Part 2

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
Well...the cataract surgery went well, so now it's on to the vitrectomy.

For those who have had this surgery, I've opted for oil rather than gas to replace lost vitreous fluids, as two weeks on my stomach is not a good option for me. However, I'll never know the answer to my question if injecting gas into my eye would mean that blinking would make my eye fart...

Keep your fingers (or your eyes!) crossed for me.

Was wondering how things have been going for you. Will keep you in my thoughts Susanne!

Keeping you in my thoughts....glad the first part went well and I hope this next procedure goes well and your recovery is swift and uneventful.

Liz

Suz,

I will be thinking of you and hoping for a swift recovery.............
default_biggrin.png

Good luck to you on your vitrectomy. Hope you get good results on the retina. Please keep us posted on your progress. Glad to hear the cat sx went well.

Kelly

I've had it done twice on my right eye. First time was with the gas and second with the oil. I had to be flat out for two weeks the first time with the gas and one week the second time with the oil. It doesn't hurt that bad. The worst part of the whole thing was being on the stomach that long. We also had a hurricane that was coming that everyone was tryng to prepare for as well. Good luck!!!

Oh, and you don't fart when you blink
default_biggrin.png
since you were wondering.
default_wink.png

Amanda

I hope everything goes alright!!

Susanne-

Will have all fingers and toes crossed for you, for this procedure to also go well! Hang in there, kiddo, and BTW, have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Margo

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and wishing the best outcome and shortest recovery.

When I was in for a check up a month or so ago, the nurse told me she and the Doctor had to go back to their other office that evening to do a procedure and from how she explained it, it sounds like it may be like the one you are having. She did say it was her favorite one to assist with.

Take care of yourself!!!

Latest posts

Back