Eye infection? Opinions/treatment

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you need help applying the medication, please contact your vet for assistance.

I use Vetericyn as well. I also learned neosporin is very good too. Used them both.

Getting back to the allergies: We have one in foster care that has been having an eye issue as of late. Found out it is allergies so the vet gave her a shot of dex and she is already doing great.

Personally, I would forget about trust issues and focus on eye medications. If you have to muscle her around some, so be it; taking care of the eye takes precedence.

With Nicky's eye, the vet showed me how and made it look so easy; and I actually did o.k. for a couple days. Nicky would try to rear, but I was so worried about his eye, I tied him up short and if he tried to rear, I just pushed down on him. But after a few days, he'd squinch his eye shut and wouldn't open it. ...no matter what I did. It was kind of funny (in retrospect) his eye's about to fester out of his head and there he is squeezing his eye shut at med. time. ....never did solve that one, since about that time vet had me check him into the hospital.

Latest posts

Back