Extra equipment on Jacks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JourneysEnd

Reaction score
I just saw my second Jack with what appears to be a nipple on either side of his sheath.

Owner asked if I had ever seen before and I had, but have no idea what or why.

Any info ?

I am not sure why, but it is VERY common to see!
default_wink.png

I had a bull like that once and asked a experienced cattle rancher about it, and he said he just has more decorations LOL I know that no help....just always makes me laugh when i think about it.

I have one like that also. He is 16 months old and does not appear to have dropped yet either. It sounds like the exta equipment may be fairly commom. I am having our vet look at him next week and will tell you what she says about it.

I have one like that also. He is 16 months old and does not appear to have dropped yet either. It sounds like the exta equipment may be fairly commom. I am having our vet look at him next week and will tell you what she says about it.
Thanks !

Kilroy has those too. The mule boys we've had, 4 total, 3 of them have had the little "bumps" on the outside of their sheaths. Seems something only the longears get.
default_unsure.png

Both of the jacks I've worked with had them... never seen them on any stallions, just jacks. I have no idea what they are/were!

Latest posts

Back