Expired registration

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debbiesshelties

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought my first mini about 5 yrs ago. I promptly had him gelded and never had his papers transferred into my name or brought permanent. I would really like to get this little guys papers in order, can it be done?

Debbie

I would think it could be done but it will likely be $$$ Just call the registry and explain and see what they tell you.

Karen

it can all be done for a price, being he is a gelding, you need the certificates thatare available online (on the AMHA site) to be filled out by your vet. As long as he is under 34" it can be done, and being that he is a gelding the fees are not steep.

Looks like 10 for the transfer, even after the 6 month grace period, because he is a gelding, and it looks like 20 for the late temporary to permanent fee. There is not a fee in the AMHA to change the papers from Stallion to gelding.

So it looks like $30, a signed gelding certificate from the vet and some updated photos.

AMHA is running a special right now through Dec 31 for horses with expired papers. To bring a gelding permanent (with expired papers), the fee is $10 with the coupon printed off of AMHA's website.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
If your gelding has turned 5 years old less than 6 months ago then your total charge will be $10 to take permanent (he wouldn't be late if he is only 5 this year and within the last 6 months) and $10 for the transfer ( for a gelding in AMHA owner transfer is the same price no matter when its done) Changing from Stallion to Gelding is free and you do not need the vet signature with AMHA, just the form you will find on line to fill out and send with the papers, the transfer, pictures and Work Order form. Your total price will be no more than $20 total. UNLESS you also need to get a membership as was stated in another post.

Back