Exciting news

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dixie_belle

Reaction score
I don't post these days since we sold our farm, but I do have a tidbit of excitement to announce. I am a quilter. I quilt to give me something to do. I can stay home and watch over hubs and quilt. Well, a local museum (The Kentucky Museum), on the campus of WKU in Bowling Green was having this competition called Celebration of the Arts. If you were an "artist" and you lived within 60 miles of Bowling Green, you could submit your artwork in one of 8 categories and it would be displayed at the museum. OK, so I figured what did I have to lose? I entered one of my little lap quilts in the fiber arts category. Well, it won first place AND......get this......Every year the museum purchases one item from everything that was entered to be added to the permanent collection at the museum. Gulp. THEY CHOSE MY QUILT. (I'd post a picture but the computer tells me the file is too large and I don't know how to make it smaller). So my little lap quilt will become part of a museum forever. Color me proud. So exciting. I just had to share.

That is just fantastic. Do you have a photo of it saved that you could upload and show us? Or the name of the place it is displayed so we can google it and see how talented you are?

Wow! That is an achievement to be VERY proud of :). I would love to see a picture of it if you can figure out a way to post it. What was the pattern? I am envious of any one that can quilt, I always wanted to learn how but never had the time or the room to be able to spread out and work on one.

I am much better at quilting than I am on the computer but if you go to facebook and look for my real name: Shelley Stauffer I'm sure a picture of me beaming next to my quilt will pop right on up. LOL I was absolutely speechless.

53283508_10219106682119079_3484997637193596928_n.jpg

Wow, you have a wonderful talent. It's truly lovely! Congratulations!

Hooray for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not surprised they chose your quilt, it is absolutely exquisite, your stitches in the white areas are so beautiful and well planned. Congratulations!

I love your quilt. You are very talented. That hand quilting is becoming a lost art form. And it's even practical.

Latest posts

Back