Excited when it's your own!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBarakah

Reaction score
default_saludando.gif
Hi!

I went to the AMHA show up in SD this past weekend. I brought 4 up there to get them qualified to take to Centrals. One was a yearling filly that I raised. But with the 4 I came home with 6 Reserves and 1 Grand! My filly, Gracie took the Grand in her Amature halter class!!

I got 2 Reserves with my Ericka colt, SockIt
default_wub.png
, and 4 Reserves with the little 29" buckskin gelding!! My 2yr.old black & white stallion, Lil' Doc, did get some 2nd's and just wasn't as ready for this show (but he's getting there!)
default_yes.gif
. But was a GREAT weekend for the first show of the year!! Can't wait for Centrals!!!!!

It was SOOOOOOO great to see everyone!!! Had a BLAST talking with Marlee!!
default_biggrin.png
She's a great help too! And MANY MANY thanks to my friend Sara, for helping me or I had NEVER of made it with having the 4 young horses and both my kids there who also showed and did very well for thier first AMHA show.

Was a GREAT weekend but very tiering!!

Thanks for letting me share!!
default_yes.gif

Gracie5May1808.jpg

Gracie got 1 Grand.

SockIt3May1808.jpg

SockIt took home 2 Reserves.

Striker3May1808.jpg

Striker took 4 Reserves home!

Doc3May1808.jpg

Lil' Doc got some 2nds

Congrats! They look really nice and those are some nice "brags" to bring home!
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations on your wins
default_aktion033.gif

And Good Luck in the rest of your show season!!

Chesa I thought your filly looked great and while any win is great those home raised ones are really special. I thought all your horses looked good.

Sorry we didn't get more of a chance to b.s. seems like I was finding people in every nook and cranny to yap with. Horse shows are a lot of fun when you have someone else doing the work.
default_biggrin.png

Again congrats and make sure you let me know how Central goes.

Marlee

WHOOO HOOOO!!!! Awesome! Awesome!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

They're all looking good!

Thanks everyone! And Marlee should be tickled pink!!! Her boy won a Supreme!!!

I can't wait for Centrals but that seems SO far away (August)....... I am taking the 3 of them to one R show in June and the Area 6 National show in July....but Gracie is just A registered so will be HARD to let her sit now til' Aug! So she won't be so seasoned for going back in the show pen. I would of hardshipped her into R if I had sold my grey filly, Maggie, who I ALSO really wanted SO badly to bring up to that SD show....but showing 5 and 2 fillies of the same age is just TOO MUCH!~ (I did that last year and not doing that again!).... so I decided Maggie will go to the 2 R shows in stead since Maggie's A & R.

I think I'm still in shock for getting all the Reserves and a Grand!!
default_wub.png
All I hope for is that I "hope" I do well and "hope" the judges or 1 judge like my horses...... So am MORE than delighted..... Still feeling the jet lag from all the prep work of the week before the show and been going non-stop with kid's ball games since I got home! ugh!

Thanks again for all the nice compliments!!
default_yes.gif

Awe! I'm so glad some of the pictures turned out. You should be excited! Your horses did your farm proud last weekend!
default_wink.png

Hey, Congratulations! How exciting! When you can have fantastic results with horse after horse, you are definitely doing something right!
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats!! Isnt nice when all the hard work pays off??? Very cool

Latest posts

Back