Excited to Announce!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Hooves

Reaction score
For those who know me, buckskin pinto is basically the only color that makes me spend compulsively. And when I decided to make the leap to purchase a horse from Texas, I didn't stop at one, I decided to go for two!

The first is a stallion that I have been drooling over for FOUR years. I always tried to figure out how I could get one of my mares bred to him and stayed in touch with the owner over the years. In 2011, she gave me the opportunity to buy him! And by the end of the year, my husband finally gave up on me and my compulsion and said, "go ahead."

I would like to PROUDLY announce Little Hooves Farm's acquisition of Sweetwaters Thunderbolt!

Thunderbolt.jpg

The next horse is a mare, because I needed a mare to breed Thunder to, right? Her beautiful action won me over and the dishy arab face doesn't hurt anything, and then of course her color is a perfect knock-out for my breeding program. She has the refinement I'm after also, and looks so delicate. She is a beauty, an "Arab Princess" indeed.

I'm happy to announce the addition of Allure Ranch Spirits Arab Princess!

Princess.jpg

What do you think? I hope you like them too
default_smile.png

default_wub.png
WOW theyr both stunning will be looking forward to seeing a baby from these two
default_wub.png

Congrats on them both! Are you going to test the stallion for Splash? With the shape of that back marking I bet he comes back heterozygous for SW1.
default_yes.gif

Congrats on them both! Are you going to test the stallion for Splash? With the shape of that back marking I bet he comes back heterozygous for SW1.
default_yes.gif
I never thought about it before, but now that you mention it, I think I should! I might as well test him for tobiano while I am at it since his previous owner states he has never sired a solid-colored foal.

Thanks for mentioning it - I wouldn't have thought about it on my own
default_smile.png

Congratulations! They are both lovely! I really like the neck of your stallion. These days I have found it harder and harder to find a stallion that has not gotten thick, particularly in the neck, with age. Very nice!

Thank you everyone for your thoughtful comments and congratulations! I can't wait to see them!

The shipper should be picking them up in a little more than a week and then taking them to Utah where I will be boarding them with a friend for a while. We'll be picking them up this spring when we deliver a stallion to a friend in Wyoming. It seems like forever, but I'm sure time will pass faster than I realize!
default_smile.png

Wow! They are stunning! I really like his head and neck, his well-developed chest and nice, skinny legs! And she is very feminine and lovely! Many congrads!

Latest posts

Back