Excited for this Saturday

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breannanalley

Reaction score
I'm very saddened by little kings choice to get out of the business. They truly are the best. I do understand their reasoning and wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors. This Saturday I will be heading down to pick up my boss' recent purchase of LK Bria Buckeroo! I'm and so happy for my boss and her purchase. I love having the pleasure of working with another great buckeroo daughter. This will make my boss' second buckeroo daughter. Well I also like to tease her and say she now has two buckeroo daughters and two Bre's!! Since I'm her only employee and my name is Breanna!! Lol anyway, I will miss the awesome breeding that little king has to offer, but know that their legacy will live forever. Anyone else heading down for Oktoberfest? image.jpg this is LK Bria Buckeroo! She is beautiful my gelding in my back yard looks a lot like her!

I was just there this weekend picking up MY new filly! Had to go now, since I couldn't make it next weekend for Octoberfest. Man, I wish I could be there!!!
default_frusty.gif
As always, Robin was a jewel to work with, and I came home with a lovely filly by Fame. I'm proud to announce......

Famous.jpg

LK Famous and Friendly!! She will be joining my Echo son, and Rennaissance son.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Yes, I too am saddened that they're selling out of the minis, and wish them the best always.
default_bye-sad.gif

Awe she is beautiful! Congrats! & yes Robin is a jewel to work with! My boss talks very highly of her! I have met her once and she is very friendly and full if knowledge. Sounds like you have a great little heard of minis! All have great background names!! Best of luck to them and you also with you new mini!

wow nice horses. Little King farm and family will be dearly miss.I love their horses.I wish I could get one of their fine horses.Boones little buckeroo is one of my favorites.I have two mares with boones little buckeroo but it is futher down the pedigree. I would have love a daughter or son from him or both lol
default_smile.png

I am super excited to go too
default_whistling.gif
default_wink.png
Who knows what kind of trouble we can get into there even if we may already have a secret ROFL! I am also sad they are dispersing but totally understand as well. Great opportunity for buyers to get some excellent horses though.

I am sooooo sad! I had planned on going before the date switch but now I can't. Just sucks! I had the opportunity to participate in a spring breeding/foaling seminar a few years ago and everyone was wonderful! Beautiful place with beautiful horses. I got to see Buckaroo, a handsome gent in his old age. It was nice to see some of the other stallions too. I hate to see them go as they attributed so much to the miniature horse. I wish them only the very best in the next stage of their lives. Still bummed that I can't make it this weekend.
default_thumbdown.gif
default_no.gif
default_gaah.gif
default_crybaby.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We're going this weekend as well - of course, we're taking the horse trailer, too
default_whistling.gif
It's so bittersweet, since it will be the last time for Oktoberfest. Little Kings has done so much for the breed over several decades - what a legacy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,

I am going this weekend also. I have never been, so am really excited. Not sure what to expect. I do have questions. Are all the horses auctioned as a silent auction or regular auction? I wasn't sure how it worked. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Everyone,

I am going this weekend also. I have never been, so am really excited. Not sure what to expect. I do have questions. Are all the horses auctioned as a silent auction or regular auction? I wasn't sure how it worked. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
I think usually that is how it works at Octoberfest, horses for sale are either in the regular auction or the silent auction. However, this year with the dispersal, it might be different, as the dispersal horses are just for sale, and not part of the auction. The website has the horses listed as either dispersal sale horses or Octoberfest horses.

Hi Everyone,

Last year there were mostly silent auction, some were just priced, and others were private treaty. I would guess that the Oktoberfest horses will be silent auction and the dispersal ones will be priced, but not 100% sure.

I LOVE Bria! So wish I could be there this weekend, recently looked at the plane tickets and because I checked so late they are completely outrageous!

Anyways I just purchased Xena's 2012 filly a couple weeks ago and absolutely love her! Her barn name is "Rue" still trying to think of a good show/registered name. (her foal photo is first and then the second is from today, please excuse the crappy cell phone pic)

Will everyone going take some photos and share with us on here? I hope everyone has a blast, and I am sure even the people who "aren't going to buy" will come home with at least one
default_yes.gif

IMG_4143.JPG

285779_10151296874888478_1060465829_n.jpg

I LOVED Bria! Robin and I walked through the mares and she was attached to our hips! Shes sooo sweet. Good luck with her!

I was just there this weekend picking up MY new filly! Had to go now, since I couldn't make it next weekend for Octoberfest. Man, I wish I could be there!!!
default_frusty.gif
As always, Robin was a jewel to work with, and I came home with a lovely filly by Fame. I'm proud to announce......

Famous.jpg

LK Famous and Friendly!! She will be joining my Echo son, and Rennaissance son.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

Yes, I too am saddened that they're selling out of the minis, and wish them the best always.
default_bye-sad.gif
She is gorgeous. I wanted her so bad. But chose two other buckskin mares from Little King. Congrats on your gir, she is awesome.
default_smile.png

Marsha

She is gorgeous. I wanted her so bad. But chose two other buckskin mares from Little King. Congrats on your gir, she is awesome.
default_smile.png

Marsha

Thank you so much. I absolutely love her!!
default_wub.png
Which two did you get?

The past couple of years I have been fortunate enough to visit LK several times. Even got to see Buckeroo and take pictures of him. Been to Octoberfest and spring seminars. Always in the past Octoberfests I've been to, they have silent auction on the "Octoberfest" horses. Then, they have several more horses in stalls for "private treaty". In other words, you visit with Robin or her mom about the one you're interested in. Not sure how they're gonna do the equipment sale. In the past couple years I've attended, they've never had a "live" auction, so don't know if equipment is by silent auction or just buying outright. Anyway, hope someone who attends will let us know how it all turns out. I hope the best for them.
default_yes.gif

Hi All! So gald to hear those that are coming to the Sale. It will be a little different than in years past due to the Dispersal Sale also.

The barn will open a 9:00 AM We will have an open Forum disccussion approx 9:30.You may also preview all the sale horses. Majority of the horses will be in the Silent Auction. There will be some Oktoberfest Horses as Private Treaty ( with prices listed- first come first), then the Dispersal Horses will be out in the fields and I will try to take as many people down as I can to see them and answer questions.

The Silent Auction will begin closing at 1:00 PM- we will close small sections at a time so that you have a chance to bid on several. We should be done with the Silent Auction of Horses by 2:30. The Equipment Sale of Arion Management will begin right after the horses. It too is a Silent Auction.

If you have any questions about the Sale Horses- email- [email protected] If you have any questions about the equipment- email [email protected]. If you cannot come but want to bid you can do so. Email or call 812-493-3707.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you all here! Robin-LKF

Hi All! So gald to hear those that are coming to the Sale. It will be a little different than in years past due to the Dispersal Sale also.

The barn will open a 9:00 AM We will have an open Forum disccussion approx 9:30.You may also preview all the sale horses. Majority of the horses will be in the Silent Auction. There will be some Oktoberfest Horses as Private Treaty ( with prices listed- first come first), then the Dispersal Horses will be out in the fields and I will try to take as many people down as I can to see them and answer questions.

The Silent Auction will begin closing at 1:00 PM- we will close small sections at a time so that you have a chance to bid on several. We should be done with the Silent Auction of Horses by 2:30. The Equipment Sale of Arion Management will begin right after the horses. It too is a Silent Auction.

If you have any questions about the Sale Horses- email- [email protected] If you have any questions about the equipment- email [email protected]. If you cannot come but want to bid you can do so. Email or call 812-493-3707.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing you all here! Robin-LKF
Will it be online to bid for those that can't be there?

I think they are very busy so will tell you what I was told earlier...it will not be on line however if there is a horse or some specific type/bloodline you are looking for Robin will be take phone bids/offers.....since it is a silent auction on line would not work very well I think.

can someone help me understand how the silent auction at LKF works if by phone do you just submit 1 bid (obviously the highest you would be willing to pay) then do not have a chance to bid again like a regulaer auction.

I guess i'm not very firmillier with how they work

Latest posts

Back