EXACTLY WHAT TREATS CAN YOU FEED YOUR MINI

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. Was just hoeing into the most yummy grapes and thought, Bobby Dazzler would probably lurve some of these. But wasnt sure exactly what I can and can't give him treat wise. I know apples/carrots are ok but what about grapes, watermelon, bananas, etc - hey, we are in the middle of summer here!!! It is so stinking hot - about 36 degrees cel which in our terms, "RUDDY HOT". What is a def. no - no food wise?

I also read on an earlier post, that you could give your horse cheerios - I have located some of these but wanted to double check that these are ok as occasional treats.

Thanks for your help - once again.

Kerrie

so can you or can you not give your mini horse pears?

Yes, a single grape can kill some dogs, they are highly toxic. Onions are another NO-NO but I cannot find out if that is so cooked as I make a lot of stew and soup and the dogs, obviously, get the left overs.

Bananas are OK the skin is not supposed to be (I had been feeding skins for years before I found that out!!)

I have a bucket in my kitchen and everything goes in it bar meat and potatoes (they go to the dogs)

Potato skins go in , though.

It all gets mixed in the feed. My horses do not get titbit's, but they do get treats. In their feed.
Not sure if I remember the full list on doggie no-no's but grapes, raisins, onions, and I think potatoes are also on the list. My horse, goat and llamas adore watermelon!

Cheerios for an occasional treat or training bribe for horses are fine. There's the typical apples, carrots, even whole wheat bread! I've never offered it, but watermelon can be very popular to some horses from posts I've seen.

Pitter Patter, I think you covered a lot of "no-no's" for dogs....and don't forget chocolate!

I keep a bucket in the kitchen for vegie and fruit scraps for the CHICKENS. Meat scraps go to the dogs. Cats are totally abused and left out. LOL.
Oh, and the rabbit gets vegies too.

Latest posts

Back