Eviction of a 32 year old horse

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh that is awful! When money comes into things the heart seems to go out. What will it hurt to leave them alone for the short time that poor horse has left on this earth. I would think that there would be a grandfather clause of some kind that could be brought into play here. Too bad the old guy doesn't have the services of a good lawyer. I bet things could be seen differently if it looked like he'd drag it into court and cost the city some money.
default_no.gif

I do not understand why he cannot be grandfathered in and as old as he is let him be...typical city crap...the horse was there before them.
default_no.gif

How awful.
default_no.gif

I visited the city's website, and this is the only email address I found: [email protected]

I sent an email voicing my displeasure.

Yes, the town disabled their contact on their website--that's why only the city manager's email is to be found!! I don't know about the rest of you, but that seems pretty cowardly to me.

I also sent an email yesterday. Polite(though I didn't FEEL like being particularly polite, it is the best approach...)---but firm in my urging them to have a heart and grandfather this horse in.

Until a few short years ago(maybe three or four,now), when I headed for home after visiting Sam's Club in Albuquerque, city of nearly a half million, I drove through a FULLY developed residential area in what is called the 'Northeast Heights' of the city, where a VERY elderly, but well-loved and well-cared-for, mare lived, behind a house that sat on two 'combined' back-to-back corner lots. She had a spacious paddock, nice little shelter, was kept groomed, feet well-cared-for, cleaned up after...she'd been there since the neighborhood developed...since probably the early to mid '70's--and the 'big city' had the heart to allow her to stay until she passed of old age. I used to take that route because of the deep satisfaction I got from seeing her, how she was doing, and how well-loved she clearly was! This was a modest income neighborhood by now, but she was clearly accepted there.

Surely seems like a small Nebraska town(last I heard, most of Nebraska would be considered 'country', in the finest meaning of the word...)could have as much 'heart' as a city such as Albuquerque, doesn't it??

REALLY hoping we will hear that the town's 'city fathers' prove to have heart, also....

Margo

What a bunch of schmucks! What is that guy and his old horse doing to bother them? Nothing! Gosh, sometimes I'm embarrassed to live in NE!
default_no.gif

Y'all need to read the city meeting minutes, you may change your minds. He was given ample time and a way to keep his horse, he just decided that wasnt worth the hassle. In this case, the owner is to blame, and not the city.

Well.. I live just 20 minutes from Hickman. That is really crappy of them..... I "hope" if they do have to move the horse, there is allot of acreages and places around there that hopefully someone would take the horse in......

I think that is crappy of them.... it's not hurting anyone!
default_sad.png

No, its not mean of them. All he had to do was a yearly Vet check, his Vet offered for free btw, and get a yearly dog tag, at $5. He refused to do anything, shame on the ol man, who couldnt be bothered, not the town.

Appy follow the address you listed, then at the bottom the link to the towns website, then too the meeting minutes. Its all way back there burried in LOL

Latest posts

Back