Everyone STILL on Mare Stare, Please Check In!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am with one mare that should foal this month! This is the mare that started showing signs in late March with forming a bag and now has shrunk to a very small bag
rolleyes.gif
By the looks of her eyes she is ready to get this thing out of her lol.

Me, me! My one and only and first ever foal is due anytime now. Her previous owner calculated her to technically be due tomorrow. I am suspecting she may hold off a week or two but is thankfully making progress now. I don't know how you people with multiple foals each year do it
wacko.gif

Rachel said:
Me, me! My one and only and first ever foal is due anytime now. Her previous owner calculated her to technically be due tomorrow. I am suspecting she may hold off a week or two but is thankfully making progress now. I don't know how you people with multiple foals each year do it 
wacko.gif

417158[/snapback]

Trust me, you adjust! I THINK this is our 15th foal we are waiting on.....I've lost count....
new_shocked.gif
laugh.gif

In a lot of ways I think it's how people adjust to having lots of kids!

MA

Well maybe not on mare stare..

Rhapsody is in heat and practically begging for my stallion to take her..and he kicks her away and wants absolutely NOTHING to do with her. So, still possibly bred?

Snazzy went into heat today and I found Justice breeding her...twice. So, she must not be bred? But her belly is pointy, she is somewhat bagged up, and she is in full standing heat. Interesting.

So I don't know what to think. I get their blood tests back tomorrow but I am so confused! Both look VERY in foal..but guess they aren't..or maybe Rhapsody is and Snazzy is not?
unsure.gif

saludando.gif
We have two here we are watching STILL!

I was so hoping for a Fourth of July foal..............sigh........
We were too, even had a couple of names picked out
rolleyes.gif

Patty is on day 307, and she went early last year, so I'm keeping a close eye on her.

She's bred to Nootka's stallion, Incredible.

Kari

Hey Kari!
saludando.gif

Liz has kept me up to date! Please keep me (us) posted on our sweet girl, Patty!

(Larry still gives me a hard time about letting her go!)
rolleyes.gif
laugh.gif

MA

Two in the barn now with a possibility of two more, but doubtful about them. I am ready for the season to be over! LOL.

Still here with ya, Maryann. We have one under cam now with four more mares to foal.

Three more for me, MaryAnn!

I guess I'm strange! I never want foaling season to be over.

I Love it!! And I get a little sad when it is over.

But then I am one of those who really does not need near as much sleep as some folks!

Susan O.

Destiny4ever said:
Snazzy went into heat today and I found Justice breeding her...twice. So, she must not be bred? But her belly is pointy, she is somewhat bagged up, and she is in full standing heat. Interesting.

417203[/snapback]

I have one of "THESE GIRLS".....
new_shocked.gif
..... I've rarely had a mare showing like this to a stallion (OK, any and all stallions) unless it was the very end of their pregnancy and their hormones were jumping all around. But, this mare is really being a nuisance! She is not in with any stallion, just on fenceline with two.

Yes, she was field bred and I bought her this way -- yes she has a belly that looks like, well, she didn't swallow a watermelon but she swallowed the entire field of them! And, it's into the pointy stages from the side and the pear shape from the front/back. If anyone posted pics and ask, I'd be saying YES, she's preggers! She has fluid but, some mares carry fluids after several foals. I haven't put her under cams as it isn't where I think I want her
wacko.gif
for my own selfish reasons. This gal is super nice and very sweet, so I'm tolerating her behaviour because of that -- WOW, wish she'd bag and foal!

Is there a chance she isn't bred????
sad.gif
Well, could always be BUT if she isn't then I will have an enormous medical bill to remove "something" from her innards, OR she will just RUPTURE ANY DAY NOW.

new_all_coholic.gif
new_all_coholic.gif

Latest posts

Back