Everyone keep Connie in your thoughts this weekend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Connie has gone out to Kansas to assist and over see a very serious rescue situation we have been involved in.

She's traveling alone from Michigan and driving straight through. Beings a holiday weekend we are especially concerned with holiday traffic and drunks on the road of course.

We also have other wonderful members on the road who will rendevous and be hauling and of course we are worried about their safety too as they travel with our special cargo across the miles until they reach their foster home destinations.

The body scores are not too good and we are upset to hear one of our little guys is in especially sad shape and we pray he's going to make it ok. Connie has brought plenty of supplies and emergency meds if needed for him or anyone else.

At risk of sounding like a broken record, its really at times like this I wish to heck we had more foster homes so horses in such condition wouldn't have to travel so far to safety.

This is a very well thought out and planned rescue that is expected to go off like clock work but we could use some serious good thoughts for all our members and little horses who will be on these roads this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Connie and all the others involved will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. (((HUGS))) to all involved and particularly to the little ones being rescued.

Barbie

Praying for safe travel for Connie and anyone else going to assist!

I sure hope this isnt the same place that had a massive rescue attempt a couple of years back there in KS is it?

Sending good thoughts and prayers! There's a special place in heaven for you guys!

Definitley in my prayers ... Hope for a safe journey for all the people and poor little animals.

Adding my prayers for a safe and successful trip for Connie, the other volunteers and of course the horses.
default_pray.gif
:pray

Praying for safe travel for Connie and anyone else going to assist!

I sure hope this isnt the same place that had a massive rescue attempt a couple of years back there in KS is it?

No this is not that rescue. The law seized and turned the horses over to the rescues. We were one of them~~~~~~ Conditions have been very hard but these horses are on their way.

I spoke to Connie yesterday and she had informed me about her trip then. I did'nt get to email her back till after she had already left BUT I hope for a safe trip to her and others involved and hope all goes well and the horses involved are all doing ok/better to.
default_smile.png

I sure wish I could foster! I just don't have the room where I live! That and the money to pay for boarding fosters! I keep hinting around to hubby that it would sure be nice to have some land in Rio Linda CA, but he likes where we live now. That and he doesn't want to lose his garage! 2400 square foot garage and our house is probably about 900! LOL If I could just win the lottery, I would own 40 acres and foster a bunch of minis!! And move his darn garage too! LOL I only own one mini, but I am hooked and would love to have more!!!

I hope all goes well with Connie's journey! I don't know her but it is great that she is able to help save these poor little guys!!
default_aktion033.gif

Sending Blessings and Positive thoughts for Connie and the entire situation. I know it's complicated.

Keeping Connie, the wee horses, the haulers, and the foster homes in my thoughts and prayers.
default_pray.gif
Kudos to the board of directors and all the "behind the scenes" folks--your dedication and commitment to help those in need is so admirable.
default_worshippy.gif
You are all angels!

Safe travels everyone! Be careful out there.

I know that Connie and my good friend Jules is on the road to get this done. My thoughts and prayers for their safety on their long trips go with them. I wish our truck was in better shape, we'd be right there with them.

Bless the horses and everyone involved in saving them!
default_aktion033.gif

Holding them all - humans and horses - in my prayers and thoughts.

Anna

Connie is one of the most wonderful people I have ever met! She and all the other rescuers are in my thoughts and prayers!

Nope, sorry. This is a sheriff department seizure with cruetly charges of some 80+ horses in Waverly Kansas. They have agreed to give us the minis and ponies that are involved after a lot of meetings and negotiations we know we are the best people for this re-hab.

Another rescue is there for the big horses trying to get them homed so the authorities don't let them go to the kill buyer. If anyone would like to adopt a big horse this is the link where you can view them and get an application:

http://www.horsecalls.com/

Our Eagle landed last night in her hotel room about 9:00 pm after a 14 hour drive. Her trip went ok and got interesting around Misouri. Something about two gas pumps in a ghost town in the middle of nowhere with no gas station, a credit card and a truck driver. She is very anxious to see the horses. They are being kept in an un-disclosed location to the public.

I'll keep you updated as we hear from Connie today. Don't want to bug her as she is busy evaulating identifying and getting information on each of our horses today.

OhSo, You are such a breath of fresh air.

I had spoken to Connie also and so wish we were set up to Foster as we are in Kansas but our set up just ins't good for it right now but we will be working on it to get it that way so that if there is a need in the future hopefully we can step up and help out... I am so glad that she made it safely.... Good luck in the rest of her journey.

Just got off the phone with Connie. All horses are on the way to their foster homes. She said little Ripley is an absolute trip and came right up to her like "What took you so long, Help! Get me out of here" and is the most friendly little guy and the donkeys were adorable.

All the mini horses and ponies were easy to halter and they all jumped right up into the trailers with no problem. One pony is big about 42" and the rest are about 40" and then below that. There is one appy she said is as cute as a button and another liver chestnut pony that is fat and gorgeous. The big horses are the ones that are completely emaciated beyond comprehension. The little ones are in "ok" shape but all need a good going over once in their foster homes should do very good. One little guy named Pea-Eye is in really bad trouble and we have a vet standing by for him upon his arrival in Oklahoma. His body score is about 2, he's got some kind of eye infection going on and other things about him are not so good.

Everyone is on the road headed back home now.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Thank you for the updates.... I hope the little one with the eye infection gets well soon... Poor lil guy.

Safe travels Connie and the little ones! Make it home safely!

Is she bringing the rescues here to Michigan?

Oh man,,, glad to see everyone got to where they needed to go safely. Thank you to everyone who has the heart and guts to do this for these little guys. It has to be so heart wrenching.

Back