Ever regretted selling a horse?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
If so what have you done about it? I sold my moms weanling filly this year. I really really really wanted to keep her. Now I kick myself in the butt day to day about it. ITs gotten to the point I dont even wanna look at her as I really wish she wasnt leaveing in a few weeks.

I love this filly and have been looking for a replacement show horse once my gelding sells. I am a bit barn blind so didnt know how good she really was, othere then what my eyes and mind was telling me.

Well I took her to our club show this weekend. There were only 5 in her halter class(28-30) but she got 1 first and 3 seconds. I also took her in amateur halter. THis is where she proved to me that she had what it takes. She is only a baby and not most people in there right mind would not take a foal in amateur. There were 14 in the class, she took 1-3rd and 3-4ths. I couldnt of been more thrilled, of coarse I could of done with out the huge bite which has turned in to a blood blister that she gave me, but she is still my baby.

I havent really been into showing at all the past few years as I dont have a horse that can really do "it" for me. She could of, however I kept the other filly as from a breeding stand point she was the better choice.

But enough said now, how do you all part with the ones you dont want to?

Walking away kicking ones butt.

unsure.gif
is there any way you could cancle a sale?

Ashley

I know exactly how you feel. I have done this twice and it still hurts. But i let both owners know that if either horse was ever put up for sale that I be contacted first. Then i just had to learn to let it go and learn from the experience. A hard lesson for sure

Latest posts

Back