Event Insurance Question for RFL

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bozley

Reaction score
Hi,

As you probably know, my daughter, Makayla, runs a non-profit called "Ribbons for Linda". The past 2 years she has hosted 2 miniature horse shows where the proceeds were to help the Best family. This October Makayla is hosting another show for both big and mini horses. All proceeds will be going to pancreatic cancer awareness & research in memory of Linda and the thousands of people diagnosed with pancreatic cancer each year.

So here is my question. The past 2 years a local miniature horse club graciously covered us under their insurance for the event. But that club no longer exists so we need to find insurance on our own. Of course the more we spend the less we will have to give to the charity. So I was looking into "one day event insurance for non-profits". This looks like it could be the most affordable way to go since we only host this event once a year.

I have being doing research on the internet but there are just so many insurance companies out there. Can someone who has done a one day event in the past recommend an insurance company? What other than accidental should we cover? How much should we expect to pay?

I appreciate your help.

Sue

Thanks Matt! I just sent them an email.

On another completely different topic. Where is the least expensive place to purchase ribbons? We have a Hodges Catalog. Has anyone found another company that was less expensive or is Hodges the best?

Latest posts

Back