Euro Style Collar vs. Draft Style Collar?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chamomile

Reaction score
I am going to be doing some mountain driving and also plan to adapt a sled for my minis to pull so I'm looking into a good collar so I can have a lower draft of pull, the single tree is lower on the front of the vehicle making the load easier for the mini to pull over rough terrain. Plus I have a feeling that a collar will make pulling over rough ground more comfortable for my horses. I already have the deep V comfy fit collar for my harness, but am looking for something a bit more.

I was wondering if anyone has had an experience with either the Euro Style Comfy Fit collar or a regular Draft Style collar?

Thanks so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use full neck collars for doing ADTs and for draft hitch. Regular breast collars for the horseshows.

I have no experience with the euro collars.

I do feel that the full neck collars give the horses better ability to pull.

Thank you! I have to agree that the full neck collars do help them pull heavy loads and awkward loads more easily. Thanks for your input!

I solely drive with the Euro Collars for all my minis and love them! I started with the breast plate and moved on to the full collars and then about 10 years ago got a hold of a Euro collar. I never looked back. My horses all prefer to use them.

3_zpsyr5eqdlm.jpg

May%2011%20A_zpsl5w0ykqt.jpg

IMG_6095_zpsdnjf5prf.jpg

Latest posts

Back