Erica's Geisha is acting funny

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Erica...

That baby LOVES you already!
default_wub.png
She already knows you're going to make her WORLD famous!
default_wink.png

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats Erica!!

She is a very pretty girl! Can't wait for more pictures.
default_smile.png

While you're out there shooting photos.... Could you please take one or two of Looker?? He is by far my favorite colt that you have ever had! There is ALOT of chrome on that boy!
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

Erica,

That baby is just toooooooooooo cute. Very independent. Can you tell me how you determine the amount of milk and amount of water that you use. I saw on your post that you us 3cc of distilled water and 1.5 cc of milk and another post I saw only uses .5 cc of milk with 3 cc of water. Also when do you start testing. I too have a mare that I have been watching for quite some time. She has a small bag now and I have never used the strips but went and bought them as you are on time with your predictions of delivery and I am so impressed.

Arlene

Well I see the baby is all nice and warm cuz she sure isn't curled up any. Can't wait to see a color pic!

Erica,

That baby is just toooooooooooo cute. Very independent. Can you tell me how you determine the amount of milk and amount of water that you use. I saw on your post that you us 3cc of distilled water and 1.5 cc of milk and another post I saw only uses .5 cc of milk with 3 cc of water. Also when do you start testing. I too have a mare that I have been watching for quite some time. She has a small bag now and I have never used the strips but went and bought them as you are on time with your predictions of delivery and I am so impressed.

Arlene
Erica- I too am wondering. Also is there any worries about using the precious colostrum when doing this?

Congrats! I give up on Geisha lol. Looking forward to pics though! LOL.

Do you have results from the US yet? I had thought you were taking her today for an US and I was curious what happened with that.

SassysMom I was just wondering the same thing!

Erica, what did the ultrasound say about Geisha girl??

Hey Erica,

Is that Rowdy that you added yesterday? I am sooo loving watching that filly of Echo's tromp around in there, she's so full of it.
default_yes.gif

Jodi

I am having a BLAST watching that girl! She had a big audience in my office on Friday and she was showing off!

Congratulations! Erica,

That is an adorable filly!! I have just been watching "Little Miss Attitude" she wants to nurse but evidently the milk isn't coming fast enough, she shows her impatience, stamps her little feet, tosses her head, makes a couple of laps around Mom and then proceeds to back up and kick her Mom. What a little doll! Just full of life - gotta love these babies!!

Jodi, your good - that was Ms. Rowdy........she's getting there, she's not on "high alert" yet but is making a good bag. Give her a week or so I think. In foal to Big City for another "UnBelieveable"...

now for Geisha........no luck on finding the baby, which is what I had basically come to the conclusion myself. As the last time she was out with a stallion was March 15th so she'd have to be due NOW, and I had no luck finding fetal movement shaking her belly and we had no luck on finding a foal last night on US either, and her bag has made zero progession for Jan........and this would be an 11 month old foal. So she's off cam but she's still up at the barn so I can watch her.

I think she was a good faker, to mouch off living in the suite and getting pampered for the past oh......4 months.

but if you see this mare in person there is no way you'd say she is open (Sheryl, Terri, Ron, Vickie) you can vouch for this. She is HUGE, and for 23 you'd think there is no way unless she's heavy in foal.

She's So VERY attached to Bacon and her foal from earlier this year, (Bacon is who she pastures with 24/7 as they are the same age) I almost think she progessed along to stay in the foaling stalls with Bacon and even started milk production about the same time Bacon foaled.......oh well. Can we say drama queen.

So looks like Rowdy will be next, Sunshine is getting pretty big, but she's a tiny maiden (29" Redboy daughter) and no bag right now, but she'll probably go under cams before too long as I feel she may not get a real bag until she foals.

I'm fixing to take pics of the little buckskin filly after lunch once it warms up a bit. She's goregous.

Oh Erica that is truly a let down for you and all of us. Please accept our condolences! We will just have to take joy from the baby and babies to come on the cameras!

Sorry about Geisha and no baby.
default_no.gif

But she's happy and healthy and who knows maybe 09 will be the year for a Geisha baby.
default_yes.gif

So start playing the mood music (a little Fergie
default_wink.png
) and let her choose her fellow.....to fall ''clumsy in loveeee''......

I'm not giving up hope on a little Rowdy Rusty baby!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back