Erica's Geisha is acting funny

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Erica, CONGRATS on a FILLY!!

I got up and went she had the baby then said no thats not Geisha!!

That is funny that Echo had hers first! Glad it went well. I cant wait to see pictures...

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! She is the cutest thing I have ever seen. She looks like she has such personality, so curious. thank you for sharing her with us.
default_biggrin.png

Congrats Erica - missed it, but I am not surprised that she went, she is one of those "good" mares that actually does give you a pretty good indication that something is happening, unlike some of my "bad" mares that never miss a beat, stand stoically during prelabor munching on hay, don't sweat, don't wax and then just take two steps into the center of the barn, go down and start pushing :DOH! - Talk about an adreneline rush
default_new_shocked.gif

Counting down to your next one now - come ON Geisha - see what you are missing!

Stac

AWWWW!
default_wub.png

Congrats!! And a Filly!
default_aktion033.gif

OOOOHH There's a baby!!!!! We need pics - can't tell what color it is Erica!
Congratulations!

Please for those of us who don't foal on a regular basis - what did you use to predict she would foal within this short amount of time? (Product names and system please)
Well with these mares I've had for a bit and that have had a few babies the easiest way is for me to just look and feel; I had comtemplated putting her up Sunday but she just wasn't there yet, couldn't get any fluid at all, bag was getting fuller, but not FULL or tight or getting warm.

Tested her yesterday (Pool Test Strips from WalMart) and she tested Ph of like 6.8, and her hardness was 400; both fast and quick as soon as it touched the milk/water( 1.5 cc of milk to 3cc of distilled water) or I cut it in half if mare doesn't have a lot of milk.

So far when they drop to 7 or below on pH you are getting really close, had several test down around 6.2 (lowest on the scale) and when it gets that low I usually can guarentee that night.

Same with hardness, when you get to that 400 level she's ready, though I've had a few test the next highest (1000) and if they are there, usually for sure that night.

Thanks for those that called, I was actually in bed, watched her from abotu 10-11 and she was walking circles and then would stop and eat and I thought she might get to business, but not until I dozed off an hour later.........and her Breeder Alert didn't work (guess I'll be going to get new batteries for both it and the pager, hoping maybe that is the only reason it didn't work) as the light was still coming on when I flipped it over.

Takes me a little bit to run up the driveway to the barn as it's several hundred feet away......and Echo spit her out like it was nothing, already had her out to her hips when I got there.

She's a beautiful tiny goregous headed buckskin filly. Echo's 29" so this girls pretty small, but she's got some long legs on her. Got that goregous Buck Echo looking head.

I'll post pics this weekend, and might spill the "other" foal then too........can't complain about two fillies to start the year; after 13 boys last year (and 5 girls).........maybe it keep going
default_smile.png

Ohhh.....and Ms. Geisha's going in for a US Sat night, told Doc to fit us in......I'm sick of watching her
default_laugh.png
......well not "sick" but I'd like verification that, that growing belly that keeps getting lower and bigger!

Congrats on that filly! She sounds gorgeous. We need pictures. I'm glad to hear Geisha getting a visit to the Doc. Now finally we get to find out whats going on.
default_smile.png

Thanks for giving a blow by blow on how you kept track of her. We newbies are very appreciative.

Can't wait to see pics!

OOOOHH There's a baby!!!!! We need pics - can't tell what color it is Erica!
Congratulations!

Please for those of us who don't foal on a regular basis - what did you use to predict she would foal within this short amount of time? (Product names and system please)
Well with these mares I've had for a bit and that have had a few babies the easiest way is for me to just look and feel; I had comtemplated putting her up Sunday but she just wasn't there yet, couldn't get any fluid at all, bag was getting fuller, but not FULL or tight or getting warm.

Tested her yesterday (Pool Test Strips from WalMart) and she tested Ph of like 6.8, and her hardness was 400; both fast and quick as soon as it touched the milk/water( 1.5 cc of milk to 3cc of distilled water) or I cut it in half if mare doesn't have a lot of milk.

So far when they drop to 7 or below on pH you are getting really close, had several test down around 6.2 (lowest on the scale) and when it gets that low I usually can guarentee that night.

Same with hardness, when you get to that 400 level she's ready, though I've had a few test the next highest (1000) and if they are there, usually for sure that night.

Thanks for those that called, I was actually in bed, watched her from abotu 10-11 and she was walking circles and then would stop and eat and I thought she might get to business, but not until I dozed off an hour later.........and her Breeder Alert didn't work (guess I'll be going to get new batteries for both it and the pager, hoping maybe that is the only reason it didn't work) as the light was still coming on when I flipped it over.

Takes me a little bit to run up the driveway to the barn as it's several hundred feet away......and Echo spit her out like it was nothing, already had her out to her hips when I got there.

She's a beautiful tiny goregous headed buckskin filly. Echo's 29" so this girls pretty small, but she's got some long legs on her. Got that goregous Buck Echo looking head.

I'll post pics this weekend, and might spill the "other" foal then too........can't complain about two fillies to start the year; after 13 boys last year (and 5 girls).........maybe it keep going
default_smile.png

Ohhh.....and Ms. Geisha's going in for a US Sat night, told Doc to fit us in......I'm sick of watching her
default_laugh.png
......well not "sick" but I'd like verification that, that growing belly that keeps getting lower and bigger!

I just went up to see the little squirt, what a CUTIE PIE !!
default_yes.gif

I couldnt help myself. I have been really sick the last few days, including an unexpected trip to the hospital, (passed out, and tested positive for influenza type A )
default_sad.png
but I waited as long as I could, who could resist. Shes so tiny, and what a beutiful color buckskin. Just wanted to pick her up and cuddle with her, but settled for a few cuddles and came back to the house, start the whole coughing thing when I get out in the air, and I dont know if baby horses can catch anything like that or not but I would sure hate for this little one to get sick.

I also want to thank everyone so much for keeping an eye out on these mares for erica. I know she is worn out by the time she gets home from work and does her feeding around the whole place its dark. thanks for the calls last night. since the beeper didnt go off , we would not have known until this morning. dont ever think your bothering us, we really do appreciate all of you
default_yes.gif

Now if Geisha would just decide to get her act together. I like a good show , but this one is getting a little old
default_laugh.png

Thanks again,

Linda Killion

I just went up to see the little squirt, what a CUTIE PIE !!
default_yes.gif

I couldnt help myself. I have been really sick the last few days, including an unexpected trip to the hospital, (passed out, and tested positive for influenza type A )
default_sad.png
but I waited as long as I could, who could resist. Shes so tiny, and what a beutiful color buckskin. Just wanted to pick her up and cuddle with her, but settled for a few cuddles and came back to the house, start the whole coughing thing when I get out in the air, and I dont know if baby horses can catch anything like that or not but I would sure hate for this little one to get sick.

I also want to thank everyone so much for keeping an eye out on these mares for erica. I know she is worn out by the time she gets home from work and does her feeding around the whole place its dark. thanks for the calls last night. since the beeper didnt go off , we would not have known until this morning. dont ever think your bothering us, we really do appreciate all of you
default_yes.gif

Now if Geisha would just decide to get her act together. I like a good show , but this one is getting a little old
default_laugh.png

Thanks again,

Linda Killion
Linda, sorry you are down with the flu! That stinks, you just feel rotten! I'm glad you got to see the new baby though, I cant wait for Erica to post pics up close of her.

Erica, what are you naming this little angel??

She is looking good today Erica, i am still not over last night, twas my first time seeing a foal born on mare stare. What a lovely little buckskin filly.

So is it a keeper or?
default_smile.png
default_wink.png

Oh, she's a DOLL! Congratulations!
default_aktion033.gif

No name yet; I have to see her for a few days...

Leeana, as far as a keeper I'd say so, but honestly I saw her wet and semi dried off last night after foaling her; got a few hours rest and up at 5:30 to feed, and then I don't get home till 5:30 and have to feed and check on all the horses.....so won't have another good look at her until tonight and really Sat when I get her out and undressed for maybe some pictures

*mental note my new years resolution was to take and PRINT pictures of each foal within their first week so come Dec I'm not filing through pictures and printing 560 in a few days trying to get them done.

But I really liked what I saw of her last night....
default_smile.png

She's double Buckeroo bred, as mother is a Buck Echo daughter (she's also Destiny's mother), and sire is a Buckeroo son.

I'm ready to get home and love on her somemore.

When you get a chance, be sure to post one of those photos for those who can't access MareStare...

WOW is all I can say! She is a beauty!!! I hope you have a couple more like that. Maybe one with my name on it? Congrats!!

Shelley<><

Mrs. K,

I sure hope you're feeling better soon so you can go out and play with her some.

Jodi

default_aktion033.gif
OMG beautiful and buckskin on top of it all..

Latest posts

Back