Equipage

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJRMINIS

Reaction score
Well I sure hope between my camera and now ordering the equipage that I can get some much needed rest......I ordered the system and 2 more transmitters so I can cover 3 horses, I figure I would like to have enough for 5 but can save up to buy 2 more, and maybe the telephone dialer as well, but this will be a start to maybe some rest, and to try and not worry so much!?!?! I do have mares that love to sleep in the foaling position, so I am sure it will keep my up, but at least you can reset it....

I do have a couple questions, when the transmitter goes off does it make any noise, or just sends the signal to the pager? Any special tips from those that use it? And also how long did it take to get when you ordered it, I am hoping it comes sooooon........ I also invested in another camera system for my new stalls, I have a wireless that covers 2, but now I am getting a wired one to cover more, it has 4 cameras and hoping to be able to cover at least 2 stalls with each camera....

You know I have done well with my little wireless cheapy cam for foalings, but it only takes a few minutes for a foal not to get out of the sack, unfortunatley, that happened to me this year, for the first time, and I missed it by minutes.....even though I tried to revive the foal, I was to late........that put a knife through my heart, and I never want to go through that again......
default_no.gif
So I am taking every possible step to see that never happens again.

Michele, you will be really glad you are getting one! Money well spent, IMO! Yes, I have mares that sleep flat out and yes the pager goes off, but I'd rather be awakend to a mare sleeping, than have a mare foal and me not know.

When the transmitter goes off, it doesn't make any noise. It sends a signal to the repeater in your barn that in turn sends a signal to your pager.

No special tips really. You might want to test it to see if the transmitter will send a signal to the repeater if you are going to use it outside your barn. Mine will work in an area in front of my barn, but not other locations outside.

You should get it soon I would think. I ordered an extra transmitter for my system about a week or so ago and it came on Fri.

Good luck with it!

I think you will find it is one of the most important "investments" you can make......that combined with the camera system. By saving just one newborn's life, I think you'll know it was worth it.

The Equipage people are very quick with their service and my guess is that they sent it out the very next day.

I love my equipager, but I still have a lack of sleep right now as one of my girls just loves to lay flat out,...... for hours,...... several times a night. Each time she lays flat the pager goes off, with a beep beep. I turn on the TV, flip through the cameras to see which one set it off, and inveriable it is her. I can almost hear her snoring (sure wish I was).

I am about to put a 3rd mare under the cameras and pager. So now all three of them will take notes and all 3 will take turns laying flat out at night, just to make sure I get no sleep. :DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Equipage people are very quick with their service and my guess is that they sent it out the very next day.
I love my equipager, but I still have a lack of sleep right now as one of my girls just loves to lay flat out,...... for hours,...... several times a night. Each time she lays flat the pager goes off, with a beep beep. I turn on the TV, flip through the cameras to see which one set it off, and inveriable it is her. I can almost hear her snoring (sure wish I was).

I am about to put a 3rd mare under the cameras and pager. So now all three of them will take notes and all 3 wil take turns laying flat out at night, just to make sure I get no sleep. :DOH!
Yeah I am afraid it will keep going off with mine as well, one mare I swear loves to sleep in the foaling position, for hours..........BUT this way I can reset and go back to sleep, the way I am doing things now, I am awake all night, and this has been going on for to long.......getting 10 minutes here and there is taking its toll on me........the cameras are wonderful, but this added security will make it better.

I just ordered it today, so I hope it will go out tomorrow and be here before the weekend.....
default_yes.gif

How often do the batteries need replaced?

I am about to put a 3rd mare under the cameras and pager. So now all three of them will take notes and all 3 wil take turns laying flat out at night, just to make sure I get no sleep. :DOH!
Yeah I am afraid it will keep going off with mine as well, one mare I swear loves to sleep in the foaling position, for hours..........BUT this way I can reset and go back to sleep, the way I am doing things now, I am awake all night, and this has been going on for to long.......getting 10 minutes here and there is taking its toll on me........the cameras are wonderful, but this added security will make it better.

I just ordered it today, so I hope it will go out tomorrow and be here before the weekend.....
default_yes.gif

How often do the batteries need replaced?
I would replace tha batteries failry frequently, especially if it was on a mare that lays down for hours, as the battery is being used all that time. Also, I find that when they lay down, I reset the pager, but it goes off again after a while. Now she may be lifting her head up, then putting it down again, but when ever I check, she is still in the flay out position.

Good luck with it. I am sure you will be glad that you have it!!

I am hoping that I get some sleep tonight. I had to bring another hrose in and two are sharing a stall, since at the moment I only have two pagers, and two cameras. I have another mare in a stall with camera and pager who has had a hard bag since yesterday with loose stools since then. The flat out sleeper is not wearing a pager tonight as another mare looks like she may be closer. I do not think the flat out sleeper will go tonight.

Of course, I will be still checking throughout the night as I wake up.

Great investment - I wouldn't be without mine, and I'm sure it has saved some foals for me. I had one foal last week who is a "flat out" sleeper.....all night it seems
default_smile.png
. I finally took the halter off of her for a few nights, just checked her closely and waited til she was closer. I had two other mares I was watching and could hardly wake up to check them, she had me up so much through the night. Thankfully, she foaled about 9 pm and saved me another night of sleeplessness LOL.

I would check your batteries often. The pager has a warning beep when batteries get low, but the transmitters need checking frequently. They may last all season depending on how many mares you foal out, but I don't trust them to do so.

Jan

I hope your feeling better Michele and over the BUG! It took 10 days for me but get some rest and I am praying you will send me an email with some Good news attached soon
default_yes.gif

You will be thrilled and yes, you will be able to get some sleep, which is better than NO sleep, LOL

I have a Breeder Alert, and yep, the best investment I ever made. It has saved a few lives now and was worth every penny I spent on it. Between that and the camera, I feel pretty confident and the mares dont wake me up THAT often. i dont have one that likes to lay flat out for a long long time though, LOL

I love my equipage and feel it has saved many foals so well worth the money. Their service is fantastic and they always get things out very fast.

We use the breeder alert and i change the batteries everytime i put it on a new mare. Batteries are cheap and would rather start out with a new set on each mare just for my peace of mind.

I have actually used my Breeder Alert with the same batteries all spring. It doesnt seem to use much, but it is also checked to make sure it's working ok.

Latest posts

Back