Equipage or Breeder Alert?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsedude

Reaction score
I am wondering which system works the best, Equipage or Breeder Alert?

Can you tell me the likes or dislikes of each system? I know many people on here have each, and each one probably has different features that make it better or worse than the other. Just looking for some feedback or input.

Seems to me all I can really remember from previous discussions was that the transmitter mounts in a different spot of the halter than the other system.

Thanks for the input!

I understand they operate very similarly. I went with Equifone so I could be called when the monitor went off.

Super easy setup, and I do like that the transmitter is small and hangs up under the chin.

I have both systems and they are basically the same thing. The exception is the location of the transmitter on the halter that the mare wears. With Equipage, it hangs up higher between the jaws. Less chance of it getting hung on something like a feed bucket and going off when the mares is just eating. They both will activate when a mare is flat out sleeping, so there will be some lost sleep no matter which system you use. However, the system has saved more than one foal for me which I otherwise would have slept through the delivery, so literally, either one is a life saver! I wouldn't be without one or the other and a camera!
default_smile.png

I have the breeder alert, and love it, and yes, it has saved a few lives already! I find very rarely does it 'trip' when they are eating, even in a feeder and mine has been absolutely faithful and reliable. By the way, I have my box inside the pouch that hangs from the halter enclosed in a ziplock baggie, and then in the pouch, so if you have some that really like to play in the water or dunk their head, it stays nice and dry.

Do you have to have a separate pager for each transmitter??? or will one pager work for 2-3 mares with transmitters?

Do you have to have a separate pager for each transmitter??? or will one pager work for 2-3 mares with transmitters?
One pager. It will work with as many transmitters as you care to put with it.
default_smile.png

One more question, my mares love to sleep in the foaling position, if it goes off, and you reset it, while they are sleeping, then the next time they lay down it will go off again? Last night I had 2 mares on camera both sleeping in the foaling position just as comfy as can be....
default_wacko.png
YAWN...no sleep for me.

We have both systems, but about a year ago we bought the Equipage system. Both systems work pretty much exactly alike, but like a couple others have mentioned the positioning of the transmitters are different on the halters. We have had the Breeder Alert for years, probably close to 10 years and didn't have any trouble at all and the customer service was pretty good up until last year when the box started having troubles. When we called the company to see about sending it in to have it serviced the customer service was awful. They wouldn't answer or return our phone calls. This was right at foaling time so we really needed it, after finally get tired of the customer service we chose to just go ahead and buy the Equipage system. Equipage's customer service has been great so far, we just had to send in a transmitter to have it serviced on and they shipped a new one out immediately. Not trying to say one is better than another but that has been our experience with both of them. Both systems have saved many foals for us over the years.

I have two Breeder Alert systems...one for back up. Have used it since '91-'92? That and cameras have saved many a baby.

If I were shopping for new I'd probably go with equipage just because of the smaller halter transmitter, but the BA has worked fine for all these years so we'll continue on with it. Have always had great customer service....like when I dropped the pager and broke it while watching a mare that was close. I overnighted to them, they repaired the day it arrived and had it back overnight to me....live foal!
default_aktion033.gif

Plan to enjoy watching your mares sleep!
default_yes.gif

Charlotte

We love the Equipage
default_yes.gif

Customer service has been awesome!

I have the Equipage and love it!! I hear the other has a tendency to have more false alarms because of where it is on the halter. Either alram system is ment to go off when the mare lays out flat, and many Mini mares just love to lay out flat.
default_no.gif
But the nice thing with the equipager is, after a few rings, you can press the button once to reset it. Then as long as the mare is laying out flat, it will not go off again until she gets up and then lays down again.

I have a camera system too, so when the alarm goes off, I turn on the TV and check out the stalls to see who set it off. If nothing is going on, I can reset the alarm, turn off the TV and go back to sleep.

One other thing. The company that sells the Equipager is WONDERFUL to work with!!!! They have sent things out to me overnight, will answer the phones on Sunday and call back ASAP. I have sent the system to them overnight if it was not working and they would repair it and get it out in a day!!

Latest posts

Back