Equine Immune Boosters

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdegner

Reaction score
I am curious what people think about these. Does anyone use them? If so, what? With Nationals coming up--sounds there were a few horses that got sick at Congress--I am wondering if there is any benefit to these types of products.

I have used Equistem before with luck

I am boosting all my horses going to nationals next week with their 6way flu/rhino.....they have had shots in March and again in May already.....but want them to have any chance they can to not catch anything.

I have used EqStim some, but never really impressed. I would only use it if the vaccine status was covered first.

My recommendation is Intranasal Flu (Fluavert) and modified live rhino (Rhinomune). At least once yearly and twice for those going to late shows like Nationals. Booster should be given 2-4 weeks prior to show.

Dr. Taylor

What is equistem(paste/injection) & where do you get it from.

My vet has recommended Zylexis for this year's Nationals. The horses are well vaccinated and I will be adding the Zylexis. I will also be bleaching our area upon arrival.

Not only bleaching, but you may want to tarp the back/sides of your stalls to prevent interaction between strange horses.

We did this for Congress and feel this has kept our ponies from catching anything.

I've re-vaccinated mine for flu and rhino before Nationals as well. Had already vaccinated them with the 5-way + WNV. Another thing to think about too is the WNV outbreak, I know there have been plenty of human cases of West Nile in OK so if your horse isn't vaccinated for West Nile something to think about.

Latest posts

Back