"Equine Colic Relief"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniv

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the product -- "Equine Colic Relief"?

And if so, what is your opinion? We just ordered a bottle.

We just had a colic scare with one of our Shetland stallions.

Our vet was on call and scheduled to come first thing this

morning. But after our normal PRO-ACTIVE steps we've taken in

the past, he gave us his first poop at 2 a.m. and when my

husband checked again at 6 a.m. he'd sure made up for lost

time! (We have never been so happy to clean a stall so poopy!)

Anyway, while "poop watching" during the night, Larry was

on the internet and came across the product mentioned above.

I've seen that product but haven't used it. I hope you hear from some who have. I'm very interested.

Maryanne YES I have used it with great results. It works! I never tried the other brand, called "say whoa" but looks like basically same ingredients. I did use the ECR. I had a bad impaction and almost forgot I'd ordered it to keep on hand! I got it out and within 40 minutes my mare had gut sounds, stopped trying to roll and was starting to pass manure. She passed a VERY hard phytobezoar. It lasts for many years so it can be stored. I really need to order another because I did not replace it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the thumbs up, Deb!

It is expensive but in my case it worked. Always call the Vet. My vet had already come and gone before I remembered I had it, I had bought the bottle when I still had my big horses. She gave my little mare fluids, told me when and how much to give for pain and to could keep her up IF she was rolling but if she was not rolling and thrashing to let her lie. Also advised me to bring her in if she didn't pass something in a few hours or was in distress and would not stay on her feet.

I am one who keeps Banamine on hand BUT I can say I have never used it on my own for a colic. I say this because I hate to hear of people who give their horse something to mask the pain immediately, you just don't do that no! This mare, Shortcake, who had the severe colic ended up with hyperlipidemia as well and I almost lost her even after the blockage passed. I have no doubt this product worked for me that day. As with everything else a person has to use some common sense when it comes to colic, don't try to go it alone.

Nice to know I hope I don't need it but will get some in case. Thanks

Back