Equine Affaire

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stef

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody was going to Equine Affaire in pomona next week. I am going and have been planning this trip for months. I can hardly wait.
default_smile.png

I was there 2 years ago. They have different stations setup and they have different clinic's going on at the same time. That's the only thing I didn't like about it, is if you wanted to be at one clinic listening then you couldn't be at the other. So you had to pick and chose your clinic's. I wanted to know more about foals cause at the time I had a colt horse,

and was getting ready to train him to go in and out of the trailer and I wanted to get some ideas on how to do it. Make sure you show up early to them too cause the classes fill up and your stuck clear up top and it's hard to hear from way up, and it was hard finding seating, IMO. Good luck and have fun. Wish I was there, but am in Mo now. TJ

p.s. It's open so make sure you bring a coat if it's cool out, some of the clinic's are outside, some are indoors but all open air. It was chilly when we were there.

Last edited:
I had one of the Celebrity Horses at the MA Equine Affaire in November 2006 (I think that is when it was...) - it is like opening a breed book in real life!

Mercy loved Dallas (aka Seabiscuit) and Blanco (aka Shadowfax)... they did a photo shoot together. Dallas would nicker to her but she was fascinated with Blanco... she approached both with the confidence only a mini can have!!! Fred (Linda) was there, too - I loved the foals she and Courtney had there.

Mercy did not have a chance to meet Gallo Blue Chip up close and personal but I did and he was an awesome horse!

Enjoy!

Denise

I had one of the Celebrity Horses at the MA Equine Affaire in November 2006 (I think that is when it was...) - it is like opening a breed book in real life!
Mercy loved Dallas (aka Seabiscuit) and Blanco (aka Shadowfax)... they did a photo shoot together. Dallas would nicker to her but she was fascinated with Blanco... she approached both with the confidence only a mini can have!!! Fred (Linda) was there, too - I loved the foals she and Courtney had there.

Mercy did not have a chance to meet Gallo Blue Chip up close and personal but I did and he was an awesome horse!

Enjoy!

Denise
Was your horse the black And white pinto in the youth pavillion with all the celeb. Horses?

I think i remember her if it was.

I'm planning on going either Saturday or Sunday (or maybe both days!). What day(s) will you be there?

I'm planning on going either Saturday or Sunday (or maybe both days!). What day(s) will you be there?
I am going to be there all four days. This will be the first time I have been able to do that. The last few times I have only been there for one day so this should be fun.
default_smile.png

Enjoy!

Denise
Was your horse the black And white pinto in the youth pavillion with all the celeb. Horses?

I think i remember her if it was.
Yes, that was Mercy. She loved all the attention and was so funny when we were taking her bak and forth from the barn to the pavilion - she put her head and ears up and would drag me along at a trot. She loves cameras - when Animal Planet was filming for three days at our house back in 2003, the day after the crew left, she was definitely looking for them.

Since the stalls at EQ were designed for large horses, we had to get a bale of straw so she could look out of the grille - she would step up on it.

I was honored we were selected two years in a row - couldn't go the first year as my husband's car was totaled by a guy who hit him and we were down to just my truck....

If you can go, I recommend it!

Denise

Latest posts

Back