EQUI PAGE PROBLEMS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albahurst

Reaction score
My EquiPage isn't working properly- any ideas? Won't beep when red light comes on - have replaced the batteries and restarted it. All lights are on- don't know what else to do.

Mare is due to foal any time.

Call Kee-Port and see if they can talk you through it on the phone. We had a similar problem last year and were able to fix it that way. Nerve wracking when it doesn't work and mares are due!

Jan

Peggy. If you have changed the batteries in the mare beepers and the pager, do the following.

Get the box. Turn it over. Find the two little holes on either side of the box. I think you need a little X tip screwdriver. ONLY unscrew the screws down in those two holes. Turn the box over carefully so you don't lose the screws that fall out. With the box rightside up, carefully lift the cover off the box. See the battery on the side with 2 wires? Gently pull the wires from the battery. Now put the box back together and try the system again.

If that doesn't work, push in and hold in the button on the pager while you side it to ON. As soon as it beeps once, LET GO! That would reset the pager (if the box fix doesn't work)

I just went through this myself!

Hope you got it fixed by now, but my guess, as Robin suggested, is the back up battery in the repeater. Hope you have it working now!

Thanks, guys. The Kee Port man called me late, late last night- now THAT is SERVICE! I had emailed, as it was so late and he called me
default_smile.png
We had changed all the small batteries, although they were fairly new. I am going to do the back up battery check this am. I ended up just staying up last night and watching the mare. I am tired LOL

Thanks for the suggestions!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was the backup battery. We have disconnected that battery for now and the unit is working better than it had been for the past two weeks! lol

What a relief! Maybe tonight I can get some sleep
default_smile.png

This is a good thing to know, we've never yet had to replace the backup battery in ours (and this system's getting old!). What kind of battery does it take?

This is a good thing to know, we've never yet had to replace the backup battery in ours (and this system's getting old!). What kind of battery does it take?
It is a special one that the Kee Port man will send, I think. He said at about 4-5 yrs old, the back up battery can go bad and then the entire system seems to become 'strange'. Like, for us, we knew that battery died about 10 days ago, but I thought we would be ok with it plugged in. OUr system has not been working tip top since we turned it on abaout 17 days ago. The range was "gone" and progressively got worse, sometimes it wouldn't transmit, etc even though the unit was plugged in---weird. Then, it just completely quit working (transmitting) even though all lights were on and the unit plugged in.

As soon as we disconnected the backup battery, everything started working again and the range was back and it is transmitting great!

Pray this foal gets here safely- my Equi Page pager is broken.

I want to thank a member of this forum for loaning me a pager- you are a life-saver!
default_smile.png

Bringing this back to life, I experienced a problem with my Equipage last night. Hadn't used it for 2 weeks and last night, put transmitters on two mares. During the night, one mare set the pager off a few times and the pager wouldn't reset. A long night for sure!

I tried several things today including replacing batteries in the transmitters and the issue still persisted. I decided it was then probably the internal battery, so I took the cover off the repeater, disconnected the battery and put the cover back on. Took it back to the barn and re-attached the antennas and plugged it back in. Tested it again and this time the pager worked as it should!
default_smile.png

Robin, it was a big help to me! I wasn't sure just what screws to take out to take the cover off and your explanation did the trick.
default_aktion033.gif
I'm just glad it's working as it should. The beeping is bad enough, but when the pager won't reset, that's a nightmare!
default_wink.png

I wonder if the battery can be purchased anyplace besides KeePort?

I'm glad i read this post. Seems like every time i take my system outside and get it set up something doesnt work i've sent one part or another back to keeport at least once a year. Mostly its the transmitters. Last year i had to send the box back to them they send me a loaner cuz mare was due soon. When she foaled i boxed up mine and thiers and shipped back. I bet it was as simple as dead back up battery lol. Could have saved myself some shipping and panic. Well for next time i'll know. I was quite happy to find that when i set it up this year everything worked perfectly. I took it all down and brought it back inside. No more foals till after summer wonder if it will decide to stop working again. Over all i love my foal alert system sure allows for some peaceful sleep between beeps.
default_smile.png

I had just gone through my own nightmare! My 12 yr old system failed and I had my first 4 due mares ready to go.

Talk about no sleep!

We took turns watching them for a week! I called Ken & he told me how to do that, so I shared it with those here.

When that didn't work for me, I called Ken and he agreed to send me a brand new system while I sent him a check! NO ONE cares like he does! I had the new system in 2 days! (WA to OK) But for some reason, that system didn't work either. He mailed me a whole 2nd new set to try! Turns out it was a few finicky beepers! So we now have a working system and have sent all the rest back to him.

THAT MAN IS AWESOME!
default_wub.png

I have one new baby but my camera doesn't work with my new computer (windows 7) so I can't get pics & share.
default_sad.png
But I'm SO happy to now be able to better watch my other 3 mares due!

I just wanted to add, to all those that are unplugging the battery now, it's a good idea to get another one asap. That battery will keep the system running during a power failure!
default_smile.png

Back