Enlarging the barn!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jag and Inti's Mom

Reaction score
:aktion033: Well we have finally begun to enlarge the barn, we are turning a 4 stall old small barn into a 6 stall with additional wash stall. I am helping the barn builder as he works alone and the more I work, the faster it goes. I am learning that digging out postholes is not fun, whether using a bobcat or the hand tool, building the walls is! Walking on the rafters for the hay loft is not, repeat not, like walking on one of those rope bridges in Peru or Brazil, no matter how much you try to convince yourself it is. They have ropes, the loft does not! We are now building the walls for the loft then the roof, siding, stall walls, gravel for raising the floor, lighting (electrician is doing this one) stall fronts, back to us, mats, fencing and then, finally the horses can come home!!!!! Whew, at some point I am sure I will get to the house, but getting the kids home is the first call of action. thanks for listening. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Nancy. Oh, we finally found a farm!!!!!

Hey Nancy!!

Sounds like you have some pretty good plans. Would love to see pictures of the process or before/afters. Wouldnt mind hearing a little more about the new farm! WOOHOO, sounds so exciting and i am really happy for you. I still remember th excitement when we moved from the barn that my dad built to the barn i have now last spring. It was such an exciting time. Dont have any advice, sounds like you have everything planned and in order. Hurry up and get that barn done so you can make it out to some shows, okay? :bgrin
default_smile.png

Ta,

Leeana

We need pictures to show the progress you are making :lol:

Especially BEFORE and AFTER

Sounds like a super addition - and that although its a lot of work - you are having fun helping. :aktion033: :aktion033:

JJay

Oh my! You are working hard there! It does sound like you have all your ducks in a row. would sure like to see pix of the progress
default_yes.gif
:

Charlotte

Well the biggest mistake I have made so far is I haven't taken pictures. I just never thought of it. I will have to go out and pick up a little camera, in my copious amounts of spare time, LOL. Anyone in the Ohio area is free to come and visit, I would love it. Leeanna that means you, I don't think you are that far away. We are now putting the roof on the overhang. I had to shove 18 sheets of 4x8 plywood from the back of a truck up to the roof so Terry could nail them down. That is the most tired I have been ever, who knew there was a right and wrong side to plywood!! I do now. I will try to get some pics and then if someone could help me post them. I am challenged in that regard. Will keep all posted. We ordered the metal yesterday (in real speak that means we ordered the siding and soon it should be here) WOOHOO. My horse kids have forgotten what I look like. When I picked their feet this am they all leaned on me. I don't know who misses whom more, me or them, it is a means to an end though

Latest posts

Back