EMail I received today -Fykes Miniature Horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debby - LB

Admin / Mod
Reaction score
I received a very nice email today from a woman who came across a thread on this board about her Father.

The topic was posted by Lizzie in late 2011 but surfaced in a random search engine query.

Here is a copy of her email, which she asked me to pass on.

I have a answer for a question raised on your forum on: http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=125168

They were asking about Dr. E.D. Fyke of Fort Worth, Texas and his wife Lois who owned a number of miniature horses, including a winning horse named Red Baron. They also published a small magazine about miniature horses.

Someone was asking if Dr. Fyke was still in business. I am his daughter and sadly inform your interested readers that he passed away in the summer of 1996. He had dissolved his farm and sold his all horses before that time. I do not know to whom he sold his horses. I may have some photos of some of the horses still.

It was nice to find your website and to realize that some people still remember him, Red Baron and the magazine “Miniature Horse Show Times”. My father very much enjoyed that period of his life—he had always wanted to have a little ranch with livestock and this opportunity gave him so much pleasure.

Hopefully you can pass on this message to those who were inquiring.

Jennifer Holvoet

The history here on Lil Beginnings is so rich with information!! in this woman's case, a wonderful tribute to her Dad was just sitting here waiting to be found. It made me feel good to think of her maybe sitting alone and suddenly finding this... Can you imagine the many memories, emotions and the proud feeling from realizing how other people felt about a legacy your loved one left?

That is wonderful! I'm glad theres a search engine on here. This is a really good website with lots of great info that will last forever =)

I have early copies of various Miniature horse magazine with ads and other mention of Dr. and Mrs. Fyke; they were clearly deeply immersed in the miniatures. I also remember pics and mention of 'Fykes Red Baron'. The Fykes came across as very nice folks!

Margo, who interest in minis goes back to the late '70s, about the time of the formation of the AMHA

Wow, that's so wonderful!!!
default_yes.gif

thats lovely , maybe she would send the pics to you and you could post on her behalf , Id love to see them

Latest posts

Back