election next time around

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a lot of talent but it depends on the press, the money needed to run and how much speaking time they get during the debates. I wish the dems, which I 'm one, had offered more choices than two. It's pretty sad that this is the best they can come up with. That's why I"m so interested in the republicans running as there is a number of them that are talented and could do a good job. I 'm very dissapointed in our current president for giving his opinion on the republican candidates. I don't recall anyother who tried to sway public opinion in favor of his personal choice. That's why our political system is the greatest.

And yes I intend to vote in our primary.

We will be voting in the primaries for sure. It's Cruz for us.

They are suppose to be holding a democratic debate here in Flint soon so they can politicize the Flint water crisis. I sure hope I don't work the day they fly in. I don't live anywhere near Flint but unfortunately my work isn't far from there.

I will be headed to early voting as soon as I finish my research of the candidates in the local elections. My husband is a Cruz man. I am leaning toward Cruz as I see him more rooted in constitutionality than the rest of the pack. Then I start wondering if Trump could be the game changer we need. Then he will say something that makes we see him as a complete buffoon that terrifies me thinking of him quarterbacking with a nuclear football in hand. Both Mark Levin and Thomas Sowell are for Cruz and therefore I see me getting on board with cautious optimism.

Sonya, oh dear. It will all arf-arf and woof-woof if they show up. I know the water sucks there but how well is animal control managed there?

I believe I have found an article that is giving clarification to what my gut has been trying to tell my brain. Prior to reading the article I felt like I was playing Scrabble with no vowels. This article has anwered my burning curiosity of how the Donald is in the lead and what to expect down the road. I do not like the way the story line plays out in this article. Basically it is defining what if you were THE GOP ELITE (such as Rove, McConnell) and you wanted to end the growing grassroots Threat to your power and influence how you would go about it. The article is on American Thinker, Feb 26, is by Daren Jonescu, and is titled ​Three Simple Questions for Trump Supporters.

​I found it interesting.

I find it really sad how little interest the general population has in showing up to vote. Yet they will continue to complain as their county or precinct, state, and country sinks like the Titanic. Countless numbers who did not bother to watch last night's debate will hear about the quip Trump made referring to his genitals and then try to catch only that part of the debate on a video. Reality tv show mentality
default_no.gif

Meanwhile the Republican party continues preparation for suicide. Rubio takes on the role of a kamikaze pilot.

I don't believe Trump can beat Hillary. She probably owns a closet full of his skeletons already and is having sweat factories turn out tons of garments to end up as his dirty laundry. I believe Cruz could beat her. Looks like Cruz likely will not beat Trump and therefore nobody will be tuning into a meaningful debate between the two political party nominees. Maybe orange will be the new pantsuit?

I didn't watch last nights, I had to work until midnight. I do agree that Trump can not beat Hillary and Cruz is the only one. I like Cruz...of course not everything about him, but he is the best in all aspects IMO.

I watched the debate, and totally sick of the sniping between the top 3. Rubio needs to drop out and if Trump wins I hope he chooses Cruz for VP. Hilary was just talking on CNN and she sounded a bit like Trump on companies moving out of the country. Before that she sounded like Sanders. Still saying how good we have it under Obama. As far as Cruz or Trump, I would like to know their stand on Social Security. Do they want to scrap it or save it. Too bad all they do is insult each other instead of talking issues that we really care about.

It has gotten so nasty. I am disgusted and can only imagine it will go from ugly to uglier before election day.

I've been reading that Trump never meant to run, he was just "protesting" If Hilary is indicted and just the fact she is being investigated shows how bad the dems are at picking candidates, republican senators can't stand Cruz and Kasick is living in the past, now I understand why some people flipped a coin. I hate to say it, Obama might as well stay another 4 years, at least we know what a jerk he is during a crisis. When Bernie is the best of the bunch, we are in trouble.

Kasick is still in it to do what he can to keep Trump from getting to 1,237 delegates. Soros and his affliates are kicking in $$$. Trump's still not my favorite, but he is better than Hildabeast for sure, and the more I know about the people who hate / fear his electability, the more impressed I become.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I'm disappointed. Cruz was my choice, perfect by no means, but he was the best IMO, didn't like his VP pick, I don't believe that had time to hurt him in the race though.

Trump supporters have been very hard on Cruz and Cruz dropping out at this point just shows how non-establishment Cruz is. He just paved the way for Trump to get the needed delegates. I fully believe he did that for the American people, he did not want the GOP shoving a nominee down our throats when the people already have spoken.

I don't care for Trump...I do agree with many of his policies but the person he is leaves a very bad taste in my mouth, BUT there is no way I could ever vote for Clinton (or Sanders)...so Trump has my full support at this time, I just hope his intentions are what he claims they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cruz was who I thought would do the best job. Trump is who I think would bring out more voters. Disappointed this time around but will absolutely vote Trump. It felt like at first we had almost too many good options from the GOP. Cruz was my early and continued wish. I cannot imagine getting behind either on the left.

I liked Cruz also, the fact that he valued the constitution sold me on him. Trump does have good ideas but his mouth gets in his way. Non of the GOP will back him including Paul Ryon, but I will vote for him if it's just a protest again H C. She shouldn't be allowed back into the Whitehouse after the mistakes she has made but the GOP seams not to care. This will be a very interesting process. As a dem I'm also against the super delegates. Bernie faced a stacked deck and her contempt from the first primary.

Bumping this back up as you move closer to D Day.

We are such a great alliance to America ,so our news teams here follow the election daily.

I do not believe any politician will ever hold ALL of the promises they make throughout their campaign.

Our politicians here are lucky to be able to remember their promises at the start of their campaign let alone towards the end. Hence the reason our "prime minister" is regularly overthrown for another from the same party.

Good luck with your voting and I hope the candidate you vote for "can make a difference" for the better
default_smile.png

With all the stuff Wikileaks has brought out about Hillary (not to mention the attempts to silence him by the W.H.) PLUS the new undercover videos

showing how far she has gone to cause trouble for Trump at rallies, and the election rigging.......WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL SUPPORTING HER????

I just don't get it.

Why is anybody supporting either candidate?!

I absolutely disgusted these are the two people our country has it down to. A totally unqualified, small minded, vulgar jackass and a lying, shady, already proven herself in trustworthy woman.

You have Trump on stage talking about genital size at one of the republican debates - really America?! This is the best we can do?! The potential future leader of the free world is on stage talking about wieners. Really classy. I really liked the idea of him when he started. Then he opened his mouth and showed he's just a classless completely unqualified idiot. Picture perfect example of spoiled rich kid syndrome there!

Then there's Hilary. No. no. Just no. No no no no no no NO! The only thing that will probably push her past trump is she does look a little smarter and classier at the debates. Which isn't hard given trumps appalling behavior. But her history ?! Too much to type out why I hate her.

Voting for the lesser of 2 evils is still voting for evil. If Canada didn't have the quota milk pricing system I'd move there. We're doomed no matter what.

As a button collector, it's always fun to research a little and find history about images on buttons. Political controversies are nothing new. Here are two buttons from the campaign between Theodore Roosevelt and William Howard Taft.

www.oklahomabuttonsociety.org/teddy.pdf

Latest posts

Back