*sigh* I lost my first post.
I believe that these boys have multiple things going on with them.
- Poor Diet (Notice big bellies and weak/thin necks. I would suggest having a fecal exam done by your vet and talk to them about a worming program)
- Poor Conformation (Sickle hocks, possible cow hocks on the bay, butt high on the bay, over at the knee, etc.)
- Poor Hoof Care (No hoof, no horse. Right?)
On the topic of Bow again, I do not right out believe that she herself is a dwarf. I do however recognize her as having dwarf characteristics.
- Cow hocks
- Monkey Mouth (Severe underbite.....)
- Nostrils on top of face)
- Short, squat, wide face.
- Butt high
- Domed head (and not the pretty kind....)
- Small ears (I stand by this as a trait.)
- Short neck
- Long back
That's nine conformational faults just off of the top of my head.
Now, just because I feel bad for dissing her I feel the need to say some good things about her. Lol
- FANTASTIC mother!
- Easy breeder (Obviously....)
- SUPER foaler! (Not a single dystocia and births from water breaking - foal completely out is less than two minutes)
- Good manners
- Good mover (Shocker!)
- Super willing
- DID in fact produce some nice foals
- Good jumper
- Really good at setting up and ground tieing
- Would be a heck of a showmanship horse
Yes, I worked hard to get ten good things about her. You can I care about the old gal (Gosh, she's only ten!)
Needless to say that I will forever be cautious to sell her. She is everything a BYB would want. Color producer, fantastic foaler, and horrible conformation! Perfect for making lots of babies!
I know of a stallion that is her HALF-brother and is DROOL worthy. His bottom side is Boones through and through. LOVE him. Does he look like Bow? Polar, freaking opposites. If anybody is interested I can PM them the link because it is mind blowing. I wish I owned him....or could even pet him.