Edit Button missing?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chandab

Reaction score
Ok, so what happened to the edit button for posts?

I was looking to update a thread title, and the edit button is gone.

It's here for this topic, but it was missing from my mare stare topic

Ok, and now the edit button is missing from my first post.

I

Haven't missed it so far..let me test...

It is still there on my phone...as usual I tap

my post and then the edit button shows up

Last edited by a moderator:
Still missing from all of mine. It's there right after you post, then gone when you check later.

Missing for me also, I am on an iPad, not sure if that makes a difference.

Oh wait it is here, I was able to edit.

Was gone for me last night when I wanted to add something to a post... Actually it showed up, I tapped it - THEN it disappeared! And didn't allow me to post.

But here now...

NOPE - the post I want to add to - not there. The post is on the main forum... Added to this one just fine.

Chandab you are right. I am unable to edit my post above.

I think there is a time limit to edit posts now. Maybe 10 minutes? Not sure but will check.

Yes it is 10 minutes from the time you actually POST your thread. But if you go to MORE REPLY OPTIONS you can "Preview Your Post" and edit it as much as you want before you actually POST it.

There have been way too many deleted posts and people have complained because they reply to something only to find what they have replied to has been deleted. And to readers who are following a post and go back to look at what is being discussed and it has been deleted. It makes it hard to follow a thread when 12 hours later someone decides to delete a post and there has been replies to that post. Makes you scratch your head sometimes.

It will also hopefully make poster think a bit before they post. So use your PREVIEW option! It is the best way to make sure you are posting what you want. And if you want to add something later you can always do another post. Hope this helps.

Good to know.

On the Mare Stare forum, we tend to stick with just one thread and periodically edit the title, so I guess it'll be new posts or weird titles from now on. Thanks.

Thanks Chanda for this post! I was beginning to think I was really dumb! Lol now I know why I cant change my title on my post : )

It is my fault folks. I deleted some postings in the limited access area of the forum. couldn't take the "heat" or so to speak.

sorry my actions have affected all of you.

I'm not sorry I deleted, just sorry you all have lost something because of it.

bye bye edit button. It was nice knowing you.

best wishes folks, you can blame me.

Please, shorthorsemom! (OK....so it's all about you! Your words)

You are not the only reason we changed the way you edit. People just need to think BEFORE they post. And like I said......you can edit all you want in the PREVIEW option. This Forum never revolves around one person and decisions are not made on one person's actions.

If anyone would like to discuss this feel free to contact Debby, Mona or myself.

Carol has the last word when it comes to moderating. I just want to add:

If anyone else has a problem with not being able to go back and edit what you say please feel free to p.m. or email Carol or another admin about it and why you are upset with it so I can find a work around for you.
You do need to realize that if it's important you can always p.m. a mod. to change something for you... It would need to be something important and NOT something that would change the post completely and render the conversation useless, you can do that yourself in a brand NEW post.

shorthorsemom was not the only reason this was changed, there have been many people who will go back and edit what they said in the middle of a conversation and it is frustrating to say the least. To read a post with replies that make NO sense is unacceptable. This is one of the things I've gotten complaints about the most.
If you change your mind make a NEW reply.
The edit button is not missing it is just not there anymore for anyone to change what they said hours, days or weeks later. It is there plenty long enough for you to be sure you worded your response correctly.

Please do not abuse this privilege.
This all comes down to RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS. If you do not stand behind your word DO NOT POST IT.

Just to be clear here I'm going to add this from the LONG standing rules. Nothing will get you a warning faster than flaming or being rude to the staff.

DO NOT FLAME THE STAFF- They have the final say. This forum isn't a democracy. Your vote doesn't always count. They try to please everyone they can, but in the end, they're charged with making this community as enjoyable for as many people as they possibly can. They can not always be right, nor can they please everyone with the decisions made, but they're doing their "jobs" and hopefully we can all agree that they're doing their best to ensure a good community here. If you feel that an egregious oversight has been made, then pm the moderator group. Do not post complaints on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back