Edemame

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepipony

Reaction score
Sis started me on these a few weeks back, I cant get enough of them!!! Heated then sprinkled with salt, and I am in heaven!

How do you eat them?

You mean Edamame ? Never tried it.
Farmhand is correct Edamame, never heard of it till now, so searched and does not appeal to me. What do they taste like?

maybe someday.
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Never appealed to me either, till sis bought some when she was down. Cant describe their taste, other than bean like
default_laugh.png

Just a fancy, Japanese word for soy beans
default_wink.png
Yes, I love them too. I have for years and for some weird reason find it hilarious that since they have become more popular they've gone from soy beans to edamame
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
not a fan. I hate when I buy a salad for lunch and come to find it has edamame in it
default_unsure.png

If cooked in a pan with a little water, a touch of butter & salt, IMO they taste very much like a lima bean. So much so that they could be switched in many dishes without detection. More protein, less fat and sugars.....a health thing.

I had some at a sushi place and I think it was steamed or boiled and salted. Not fantastic, but not bad. This is a big deal considering I don't usually like veggies!

I can take it or leave it. I had to laugh at Jessica's remark about them becoming popular and getting a new name. Ive always said that about other things that become popular

Years ago....Sherbet....usually the cheapest thing on a dessert menu.....Now.....Sorbet ( basically just a fancy name... about same thing ) about 5.00 a cup!!!

Years ago Squid.....couldnt give it away......Now.....Calamari........put a little batter on it, fry it.....its on every menu!!!

Years ago....Grits....every good Southerner made this.......Now.......Polenta.....sounds so much better than Grits and it too is on lots of menus.

Just Food for Thought

Well, I was going to post them as Soy Beans, but figured I would be called out. Never noticed I spelled it wrong and was called out anyhow.
default_rolleyes.gif

I havent eaten them with a meal, I just snack on them at night while watching TV. Better than chips or somesuch I figure LOL I can only buy them in a steam bag around here. Never had them fresh.

You're so right. What about "Sweet Breads" (pancreas)...mmmmmm.

But...Polenta is not another word for grits. Polenta is actually an Italian dish (also popular in many other cultures), made from boiled cornmeal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polenta

I can take it or leave it. I had to laugh at Jessica's remark about them becoming popular and getting a new name. Ive always said that about other things that become popular
Years ago....Sherbet....usually the cheapest thing on a dessert menu.....Now.....Sorbet ( basically just a fancy name... about same thing ) about 5.00 a cup!!!

Years ago Squid.....couldnt give it away......Now.....Calamari........put a little batter on it, fry it.....its on every menu!!!

Years ago....Grits....every good Southerner made this.......Now.......Polenta.....sounds so much better than Grits and it too is on lots of menus.

Just Food for Thought

Uhm.....yummy.....I like mine steamed in the microwave & then just a tad of salt....and just pop them open & eat them......... yumm-o......

I also have discovered I like home-made Hummus......(made from garbanzo beans) for those that didn't know what it was...I had to look it up.......someone got a recipe for Hummus from Emeril's website.....and it's very full of protein & really good too......

Trying to eat healthier and trying new things............so maybe Mom was right years ago when she said my tastes would change......go figure. Of course she is looking down & laughing at me from Heaven going, "I told you so"........ah well.......

Matt, you are so correct!! I guess I just always think of them the same as they both just sort of remind me of boring ole' porridge stuff.

Latest posts

Back