Edelweiss Training Journal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your horses and your farm are all gorgeous! May I ask what a full schedule looks like for you? Just in the number of shows?

I’m frankly envious of all of you with show access, while remaining grateful for the countryside to enjoy my minis!
Thank you! Depending on how large my show string is, or if I am going for year end awards, a full show season usually means about 4 local shows, Area Regionals or Congress, and Nationals. In 2021, when I was showing A&R, I did 8 shows from Mar-Sept. That was when I was closer to them though. Show access is relative here! The closest one is 4.5hrs with most being 7-8hrs.

Beautiful pictures ❣️
Thank you! :)

I never get tired of photographing beautiful horses!
May be an image of horse

May be an image of horse
May be an image of horse
May be an image of horse and grass
May be an image of horse
May be an image of horse
May be an image of horse
May be an image of horse
May be an image of horse
May be an image of horse

May be an image of horse

I never get tired of seeing your bwautiful horses😁Great pics❣️
I am glad you enjoy them!! Thank you! :)

Gaston is nearly ready to be started in the cart. I am happy to see this view! It's been a long time coming as we couldn't really do anything harness related until he got his teeth done, but now that we finally started, he is coming along quickly! He just needs to be introduced to breeching and then he will meet his cart!
IMG_3113.JPG

It's been a long time since I posted here because everybody had a long break from training this summer. Between the hot summer and not showing this year, I just let them have a vacation. With such lovely Fall weather though, I am now starting to bring them back into it for next year!

Screenshot_20230915_171858_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20230917_173308_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230921_123351_Gallery.jpg

Beautiful ponies and scenery! You must be enjoying the return to action and making plans for next year!
Thank you! Yes I certainly am!

The black? mini with the socks is quite nice 😍! For sale?? Please say no!
That would definitely be a big NO! Lol
I fell in love with her from a yearling picture two years ago when she was one of her breeder's keepers and I was able to add her earlier this spring. She's matured beautifully this year alone and is coming along well in training now.

Screenshot_20230921_180302_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230921_180339_Gallery.jpg

This is the 4th drive for Gaston...... 3rd time with me in the cart. Pretty happy with him!
This is my newest training cart too and I love it. I just need to add some trace carriers.

2943.jpg

Gaston is making great progress in the cart! This was his next drive.
Screenshot_20231001-201839~2.png
Skunky has advanced to working in a full backsaddle with crupper and Trooper is back to driving training. I've reluctantly decided to offer him for sale so I am getting him finished in the cart to add to all of his other skills. He's ready to hitch again, I'm just doing a ground driving refresher first. I love him but just won't have time to show him next year with all the others and he loves to work.

In other news, it looks like later this month we will be going to our first show in nearly 2yrs! It will be my first real carriage show too.

Gaston is making great progress in the cart! This was his next drive.
View attachment 50603
Skunky has advanced to working in a full backsaddle with crupper and Trooper is back to driving training. I've reluctantly decided to offer him for sale so I am getting him finished in the cart to add to all of his other skills. He's ready to hitch again, I'm just doing a ground driving refresher first. I love him but just won't have time to show him next year with all the others and he loves to work.

In other news, it looks like later this month we will be going to our first show in nearly 2yrs! It will be my first real carriage show too.
You have been busy with all the training. Gaston looks beautiful. You must be excited about the carriage show. Come back and tell us about it. :)

Exciting! And your driving ensemble looks elegant. Do you try to coordinate with the horse's color?
Yes in carriage it is supposed to compliment the horse without taking away or distracting.

I’m excited for you! You absolutely have to share, when you can, how you and your beautiful horses performed - if they were happy and fun to drive!

Your outfit is very pretty and I just love your hat!
Thank you!! The show is this weekend. Hopefully we will do well! It's been such a long time since we've shown. I am looking forward to it though!

What a wonderful weekend at the 2023 Nashoba Carriage Classic ! As many know, we have not shown in nearly 2 years due to a move and various other factors. It seemed to take an insane amount of work and planning to get ready for this show but it was worth it and when things went unexpectedly awry the first evening, I discovered just how wonderfully welcoming and generous the carriage community really is!

If anyone is considering carriage, I highly encourage them to jump into it! You don't have to overthink it as I did and even in spite of my micro planning, we had to make last minute tack changes, but even though we may not have looked perfect, we still did well for our very first carriage show!

Now to the results. I will try to include descriptions of the classes and I have included pictures of the patterns if anyone would like to see them.

2nd in Turnout (Primarily judged on how well everything....horse, carriage, harness, clothing... conforms to each other and traditions. We had mixed metals, brass and chrome, due to the unavoidable tack change.)
1st in Fault and Out (A course of 10 cones driven at a trot. You continue through the course until 90 seconds has elapsed or you dislodge a ball on top of the cones. We made it through the initial 10, and then 7 more before the time expired!)
1st in Working (Rail class judged on the movement of the horse.....how well they work)
3rd in Reinsmanship (Interesting class as due to time constraints there was no rail test or pattern)
1st in Timed Obstacles (Cones course of 16! driven at a trot with 5 second penalties given for canter breaks or balls down. The angles are not all accurate on the drawing but this was a fun fun class with some tight spacing. Probably our favorite at this show! Video coming soon.)

We also tied for the Overall VSE High Point Championship! Reinsmanship was the tie breaker so we ended up with the Reserve but all in all I was thrilled.

Amigo only returned to work earlier this month after having the entire summer off, but this little horse always gives me 110%. I could not ask for a better partner in carriage, especially in the obstacle classes. Timed Obstacles were at the end of the day and I was afraid he would be starting to get tired but he found another gear and carried us through to one of the fastest times in the show, including the big horses! It was his first time competing outside or around big horses and carriages, and his first time in the carriage we were borrowing but he was relaxed and happy the entire time and I think he really enjoyed showing again.

It was also probably the nicest facility I've ever shown at. Not only is it beautiful and clean, it is very well laid out with the best staff and overall environment. We made many wonderful new friends and will definitely be back again next year!

IMG_2219.jpeg
IMG_3036.jpeg20231022_144451.jpgreceived_685026010400574.jpeg20231021_102244.jpg20231023_145522.jpg20231021_124042.jpg

Last edited:
What a wonderful weekend at the 2023 Nashoba Carriage Classic ! As many know, we have not shown in nearly 2 years due to a move and various other factors. It seemed to take an insane amount of work and planning to get ready for this show but it was worth it and when things went unexpectedly awry the first evening, I discovered just how wonderfully welcoming and generous the carriage community really is!

If anyone is considering carriage, I highly encourage them to jump into it! You don't have to overthink it as I did and even in spite of my micro planning, we had to make last minute tack changes, but even though we may not have looked perfect, we still did well for our very first carriage show!

Now to the results. I will try to include descriptions of the classes and I have included pictures of the patterns if anyone would like to see them.

2nd in Turnout (Primarily judged on how well everything....horse, carriage, harness, clothing... conforms to each other and traditions. We had mixed metals, brass and chrome, due to the unavoidable tack change.)
1st in Fault and Out (A course of 10 cones driven at a trot. You continue through the course until 90 seconds has elapsed or you dislodge a ball on top of the cones. We made it through the initial 10, and then 7 more before the time expired!)
1st in Working (Rail class judged on the movement of the horse.....how well they work)
3rd in Reinsmanship (Interesting class as due to time constraints there was no rail test or pattern)
1st in Timed Obstacles (Cones course of 16! driven at a trot with 5 second penalties given for canter breaks or balls down. The angles are not all accurate on the drawing but this was a fun fun class with some tight spacing. Probably our favorite at this show! Video coming soon.)

We also tied for the Overall VSE High Point Championship! Reinsmanship was the tie breaker so we ended up with the Reserve but all in all I was thrilled.

Amigo only returned to work earlier this month after having the entire summer off, but this little horse always gives me 110%. I could not ask for a better partner in carriage, especially in the obstacle classes. Timed Obstacles were at the end of the day and I was afraid he would be starting to get tired but he found another gear and carried us through to one of the fastest times in the show, including the big horses! It was his first time competing outside or around big horses and carriages, and his first time in the carriage we were borrowing but he was relaxed and happy the entire time and I think he really enjoyed showing again.

It was also probably the nicest facility I've ever shown at. Not only is it beautiful and clean, it is very well laid out with the best staff and overall environment. We made many wonderful new friends and will definitely be back again next year!

View attachment 50640
View attachment 50641View attachment 50642View attachment 50643View attachment 50644View attachment 50645View attachment 50646
Congratulations!! How wonderful😍

Latest posts

Back