ECMHC Spring Fling 2008

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justagirl

Reaction score
...... that came out and supported our 3rd annual AMHA and AMHR show . We had a wonderful show , and all ran smoothly ... I don't have exact #'s yets , but the turn out was great in both shows .

Thanks to all of our sponsors , who enabled us to give out some really nice awards and kept our bellies full
default_worshippy.gif

I hope everyone that came enjoyed the show .... and so lets hear a little bragging
default_yes.gif

:DOH! How could I forget :DOH! The Youth Liberty was so much fun and if you stayed up late enough to watch it , then you know it was worth it !! The kids really had fun with it and I hope you enjoy your iPods
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Last count I got was about 160 for the AMHR show and about 140 for the AMHA show. Everyone seemed happy with how it went, alot of great horses, vendors and people.

I do get to brag, love my daughter and her driving horse. Samantha showed Spin in 6 Country Pleasure Driving classes and under the three judges they won 14 firsts and one second (congrats to Heather and Gambler) and the three Stakes wins in the Championship class. Kathryn Charles drove him in youth and won under all three judges. Spin was amazing and I am so proud to have a horse like him in our barn.

Our halter horses did us proud as well with most qualifying for World already.

Congratulations to everyone that showed, you are the ones that make the show great in the first place.

OH and I almost forgot, Samantha was High Point Amatuer with multiple horses and High Point Amateur with one horse. I am very proud of her, she works hard to get her horses ready to show.

I do get to brag, love my daughter and her driving horse. Samantha showed Spin in 6 Country Pleasure Driving classes and under the three judges they won 14 firsts and one second (congrats to Heather and Gambler) and the three Stakes wins in the Championship class. Kathryn Charles drove him in youth and won under all three judges. Spin was amazing and I am so proud to have a horse like him in our barn.
Our halter horses did us proud as well with most qualifying for World already.

Congratulations to everyone that showed, you are the ones that make the show great in the first place.

OH and I almost forgot, Samantha was High Point Amatuer with multiple horses and High Point Amateur with one horse. I am very proud of her, she works hard to get her horses ready to show.
Way to go Samantha!
default_aktion033.gif
default_risa8.gif
And Karen, I'm sure you had a lot to do with it also! Congratulations to everyone involved!!! It sounds like it was a great show and I wish I'd been there.
default_yes.gif

Most of you that know me , know that I don't usually ring my own bell and bragg about wins and such. BUUUUTTTT!!!

I need to brag now!!! On our club that is. The members did a wonderful job again this year working

with Laura to bring the best show possible for the exhibitors. We had lots of classes that we don't see at

some of the other shows. The prizes were great. I thought I could get Shelby to cut the youth

costume class since it was so late. Well someone told her the prizes were IPods so need less to say we stayed up. And yes she did win one of them. !!! Thank you Red Carpet Minis for those sponsorships. Also a huge thanks to the RV Superstore of Mocksville for providing breakfast for us twice during the show. And to double diamond for the pizza parties x2.

I don't have a list of the sponsers in front of me and there are many, But thanks so much for your generosity in helping us once again provide a great show for our exhibitors. You guys are the best.

As for the drawing of the show cart our lucky winner lives in Virginia. Congradulations to them !!!! Wish it had been my lucky day.

We did the ribbon trade in this year with the ribbons being of value . All of our vendors took the ribbon tickets as money and traded them in at the end of the show for cash. Shelby bought a beautiful necklace, bracelet and fancy halter for Miss Dancer. I would love to hear how the exhibitors liked the ribbon exhange.

We also had the one horse flat fee this year. We don't have numbers yet to know how that worked out financially but I did hear several people say they came only because of that. With gass being so high they could show their horses in more classes in one show, so it made it worth while to make the trip out.

The exhibitors were just wonderful. Everyone seeming to help each other out when they could. I met a lot of

new friends and was just thrilled to see the Dennis's again. We met them three years ago and lost track .Love that little buckskin fellow. He is just the ball of fire I remember him being before.

NOW I GOTTA BRAGG AGAIN!!!

The high light of the show for me was a member in our club driving for the very first time. She took my Grandaughters little mare in an open CP driving class with 8 or more entries ( I can't remember exactly how many. ) And finished with 2 first's and a second. Congradulations to Laura Beck on her very first show , very first driving class, and very first blue ribbons in the mini world. I am so very proud of her. She drove like she had done it all of her life. What a surprise for her and what a wonderful response from a lot of the club members. The were as happy for her as if it were their first Blues!! Thats what I mean about this club. Most of them are like family, and cheer each other on with sincerity.

I heard several comments this weekend about just that, from a vendor and from others that came from the frist time about how friendly this club is. I hope we are
default_aktion033.gif
we try to be!!!

Thanks to our show co -chairs and everyone else who worked so hard to pull off yet another memoriable East Coast Miniature Horse Club Spring Fling.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Those who could not make it East to join us , maybe next year you can come out too. We would love to have you. Mary ann

I have a brag!!!!!! I had posted late last night about our Bankers show results. He did really well at the Spring Fling! Here is part of my brag below. To see all of it please see my post under --- Ericas Big City Bank On Me.

Banker went to the Spring Fling show this weekend in NC and in tough competition with good sized entries Banker got unanimous 2nd places behind Lee Crutchfield showing a lovely colt. ( Sorry I wasn't there so dont know that horses name.) Then he went on to get 2 reserve grand champion junior stallions and 1 Reserve Grand Champion Stallion overall!! Banker is just a yearling! We are so proud of him!!! Thanks Dale and Roger at Showtime training for showing him for us. I took these pix of Banker at the March ocala show and he was NOT on his best behavior. He looks better now too. Anyway here he is, our showboy Ericas Big City Bank On Me.

bankershowstackGOOD308.jpg

Oh yes, I remember Banker
default_drool5.gif
he's gorgeous . Glad you guys came to "play" with us .

Lee had a Billy Idol colt , I would have given my left leg to have .

Was there a photographer at the Show? if so, is there a web site where you can view pics. My husband, Buster, took our yearling fillies, Anita and Diva out as well as his gelding Whiskey. Anita took three first in her open class and Diva took two seconds and a third. So he said, lol. Whiskey took three thirds. If any of you know differantly, tell me,lol, its hard staying at home, but someones got to watch the mares.
default_yes.gif

Thank you to everyone for having this amazing show!!!!

We all had SUCH a fun weekend and it was really nice to see everyone's new additions.

Youth Liberty was for sure a highlight of the show (even at 1am!) and the costumes were fantastic!!!

I want to thank Jim and Mary for allowing me to show Slash in Single Pleasure and in Jumper. Although we did well in Jumper that Matt Wilson kid bumped us out of the top placings (I don't know him but we're going to have to handle this problem pronto
default_wink.png
default_wink.png
) Also, Slash was so well behaved in the cart! I know he got two seconds to a beautiful horse from Silver Meadows and even won under one judge!

Also, thank you to Ferin! Twister and Spirit were not only gorgeous but they were both so sweet and fun to handle!!

Millie, thank you for letting me take Guardian in Liberty! He had a great run and it's always my pleasure to show him for you!! HA, we didnt think we were going to catch him in time but thank goodness we did! Thanks again.

I have to brag just a little on my line-up that was there
default_rolleyes.gif

Not even on placings but on the behavior of all of the horses we had with us. Streak, Chad, Perfecta, Little E, and Stella were all so calm for the whole show and made me extremely proud. Streak took home 2 Stake wins in Roadster along with many additional ribbons and Chad took home 3 stake wins in Country Pleasure along with winning every driving class he was in. Those were really my highlights of the show. Thank you once again to the Powells for allowing me to buy Chad, he certainly did us proud! Perfecta was calm the whole show and even though she's only a two year old, acted like she had done it for years. And yes, Streak managed to go into Liberty without making me ski on land!!!

The photographer was Rob Hess, here's a link to his website:

http://www.robhessphoto.com/

He took some FANTASTIC pictures of our horses, especially in cart. Hopefully he got some good ones for yall too!

Thank you to our judges: Sandra Curl, Margo Shallcross, and Lawrence Thurber.

Yall were amazing!!! If someone had a mistake or something that needed to be fixed they were right there to tell them very nicely and tell them how to correct it. Also, even with the long hours that all shows prove to have, they were always upbeat and happy to be there. Thanks again, it really set the fun mood for the show.

Thanks again to EVERYONE,

it was a great way to start off the season
default_smile.png

Last edited:
This show was amazing and so much fun!! It was great to see everyone again!

Thank you to everyone who made this show possible. All the hardwork really paid off. The judges were great and the photographer did an amazing job.

Jim and Mary, thank you for being there whenever I needed you. You guys are the best!! Also thank you for letting me show Dancer and Slash. Slash was a blast to jump like always and Dancer is a sweetheart and so much fun to drive. Shelby did amazing! I was thrilled when she got high point youth. She is a very talented girl!

Macy, thank you so much for showing my boys! You did an outstanding job with them!!!

I have to agree with you Mary, the highlight of the show was when Laura won her first driving class with Dancer. That was priceless! Laura and Dancer looked wonderful together and are a great team.

I am very proud of how my show string performed. This was Twister and mine's first show together and I couldnt have been happier with how he did. He gave me all his heart in the ring and I couldnt have asked for anything more.
default_wub.png
Sierra made me proud once again like she always does. She achieved 3 Sr Mare Champions. Spirit was once again my dependable, veteran show gelding who I can do anything with. This was also Dylan's first show with me. He was a typical 2 yr old boy, obnoxious and very impatient, but he performed when he needed to the most.

I am already looking forward to next year's Spring Fling. It is always an amazing show and one of my favorites to show at.

The ECMHC Spring Fling was a great show. I only took 1 horse, Rocking JM 3T Bruce Almighty, a sr. gelding. In the AMHR show he took all 1st in Sr. Geldings 32-34, two 1st and a 2nd in amateur geldings, 1 sr. gelding grand and 2 sr. gelding reserve grands, and he also took 1 amateur Champion of Champions. In the AMHA show he took all 1st in amateur sr. geldings, all 2nds in sr. gelding 32-34 under Jonathan Whitt's gelding, and all 1st in youth with Zoe Laurer. Congatulations to the Laurer family on the purchase of Bruce. It has been so much fun showing him for the past couple years, you will really enjoy him.

The First Knights Billy Idol colt that you are thinking of is LM Idols Rock Solid Hawk, owned by Charlene Eisenmenger and shown by Lee Crutchfield of Aloha Acres. He is an incredible little colt that won all 3 under Champion of Champions in the AMHR show.

Jen, Banker looks great and Dale is doing a great job with him.

Donna, your gelding Whisky took a 1st under one judge in the amateur class if i remember right because he beat Bruce under one judge. He is a nice a gelding.

Congratulations to everyone who helped to make the show a success. We had a good time and thought things went smoothly. I loved how nice and helpful the judges were!! I usually have no idea what I do wrong but they were very helpful with constructive criticism and were friendly the whole very long show - even at 1 am in youth liberty
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png

Our show string is half geldings and they did a great job for us...

Lucky Trails Four On The Floor, Bay pinto B senior gelding, took his first grand in halter
default_yes.gif

and was Ammy Champion of Champions under 1 judge in B division
default_aktion033.gif

100_7413b.jpg

CCR Sudden Impac, Bay Senior B performance Gelding, multiple firsts in Western CP, Hunter and Jumper, High Point B Jumper

100_7406.jpg

Lucky Trails Sundances Gambler, AMHA/AMHR performance gelding, shown and trained by a youth, Samantha let us beat her amazing gelding Spin under 1 judge in CP, won 32 and under CP, placed well in hunter and ended up Overall High Point Performance in the AMHA show
default_aktion033.gif
100_7475b.jpg

100_7514.jpg

We also brought 2 stallions

Lucky Trails Southern Generation, our first home raised halter champion
default_smile.png

100_7415b.jpg

and, thanks to our friend and trainer, Bruce Abbott, we aquired an awesome stallion we call Pops. Pops hasn't been out of a pasture in 6 years (been producing awesome babies like our HOF and multiple national top 3 mare, Dream), but we decided he would be fun to drive and pulled him out and put him back in training about 6 weeks ago.... and oohhlala he outdid himself
default_wub.png

100_7437b.jpg

100_7481b.jpg

100_7487b.jpg

Almost forgot to thank my secret weapon at the shows, my girl, Heather. She does the vast majority of conditioning and training while I work to pay for our addiction.... but I think she enjoys herself:

100_7402.jpg

100_7521.jpg

Also had 2 junior B fillies off Macy's B stallion Chad (who had an awesome show!)- who each took a 1,2,3 in owned bred and shown by. And, almost forgot, our 4 yo stallion Rowdy who did hunter and jumper for the first time "off the farm" and garned several 1sts, placing in almost all his classes!! I think hubby may be hooked on jumpers :)

Thanks for letting me brag
default_biggrin.png

Congratulations to everyone who did so well at this show. There were some really amazing horses and people both showing and running the shows!!

The First Knights Billy Idol colt that you are thinking of is LM Idols Rock Solid Hawk, owned by Charlene Eisenmenger and shown by Lee Crutchfield of Aloha Acres. He is an incredible little colt that won all 3 under Champion of Champions in the AMHR show.

Jen, Banker looks great and Dale is doing a great job with him.

Donna, your gelding Whisky took a 1st under one judge in the amateur class if i remember right because he beat Bruce under one judge. He is a nice a gelding.

Thanks for the nice comments on Banker
default_yes.gif
. I sure wish I could have come but Im glad others noticed our boy
default_wub.png
default_aktion033.gif

I thought of some more thanking I need to do.LOL

Ferin and Macey, Thanks so much for showing our boy Slash.

You both did an excellent job with him. He is not the easiest horse

to work with but you guys brought out the best in him.

Ferin thanks for Driving and jumping Dancer. You and she always click and

you had a wonderful showing.

Both of you also really had a great show with your own horses. Goodness I have never

seen so may blues in my life.
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
What did you guys end up buying with

your coupons?

And Dan and Trudy thanks for being there on Thrusday and Friday when we were so rushed getting

horses ready. Laura and Craig, Judith and Cherie were there ready to grab and hold a horse when

needed. We could not have done it without all you guys. Thanks so much.

Yes Shelby ( my grandaughter ) won Youth High points for her division 12 and under in AMHR.

I guess I will brag a little on her. I am

very proud of her as usual and her placing in the stakes Country Pleasure was such a

surprise.( 2 firsts and a second) I have a new respect for the team of Shelby and Dancer.

I guess I won't sell that little home bred, home trained , mare for the 3rd time!!!!LOL

I don't know why but it means so much to me to have Dancer do so well since we bred for her

and she was trained by Shelby, Jim and I . Its a feeling of satisifaction I could not get if we had

bought the horse from somewhere else or had it trained .

I just hate Shelby had to leave before the AMHA show.

I am also very proud of Katherine Charles who won High points youth in

AMHA show in that same age division. We really have some talented youth coming up in this club.

Look out for these East Coast Girls. They mean business LOL .

I know there are more I should be congratulating but i can't rember who won what . Its

hard getting old. LOL

Thanks again for all the club members that worked so hard to bring this show to the East Coast.

Laura Mullen and her team did a wonderful job again this year. Thanks so much. Maryann

Opps and there is more thanking to do!!!!

Lucia and Andy and Steve and Catherine for the endless nights of cutting out ribbons and laminating.

Trish Coffman and Darlene Bridges for your endless work on the show committee.And Goodness thank

you Bobby Bridges for all your hard work with Shavings ,people and just anything anyone needed. That Lucas is such a good driver for his first time alone. He makes that horse move too!! We had some wonderful

prizes thanks to our sponsers and ads. Craig and Trish worked so hard keeping up with the silent auction , The cart tickets and other club related duties along with your own work. I am sure I have forgotten more but I guess thats a good thing as there are so many people who worked so hard to make this the best show ever. Mary ann

oh yes the show was great!!! I was in youth 8-12 with my new senior gelding alamos showys Y not me I also did liberty and did awesome!!! Not bragging or anything.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back