Eclipse miniature horse trailer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered it through Prices trailer sales in Michigan, it was made by eclipse trailers in ohio. I did have a local eclipse dealer, but they weren't pleasant to deal with, and were even harder to deal with as far as ordering a custom. Paul at Prices trailer sales was great, I ordered the entire trailer through emails, the only phone call was the one where I put the down payment.

Oh its a fab trailer - congrats. Its perfectly formed - Although I would have to stoop in it
default_biggrin.png

I actually planned to have to stoop in the trailer, but it ended up it was going to cost the same to have it 5'6" instead of 5' so I figured what the heck. For as much time as I spend in a trailer, I was willing to stoop in order to have a small lightweight trailer. Hopefully the light trailer helps with fuel. The price of gas has my show schedule all messed up, I had to cut a few shows we really wanted to do.

That is a very nice trailer!
default_yes.gif
Congratulations to you!

I actually planned to have to stoop in the trailer, but it ended up it was going to cost the same to have it 5'6" instead of 5' so I figured what the heck. For as much time as I spend in a trailer, I was willing to stoop in order to have a small lightweight trailer.
The problem I have with "stooping" in a trailer, is if you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, (which invariably WILL happen) you will get a face-full of horse head. I am only 5'1"-ish...and will pass on the bit of fuel saved, to keep my face as it is.
default_laugh.png
:OKinteresting

Then again, once your horses are trained to load, you don't have to go in the trailer with them anyways. Let them in, close the gate...THEN walk in and tie them from the side...that'll work.

Going to pick it up in the morning
default_smile.png

Scared silly about that long of a trip with a 9 month old though. We rarely go more than 25 miles from home anymore lol

Just figured I would put a quick update to bump this up, since someone recently asked about Eclipse trailers.

We got the trailer home, it hauls like a dream. We brought it home with a F150 and you couldnt tell it was there. I only used $8 more in gas towing it home than we spent on the way to get it, so I defiantly appreciate that. I can stand up in the trailer, my head is level with the roof.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the update! Love your new trailer and now I can dream of one like for myself...LOL!

OMG I just showed this to my husband, said I'd really like one of these, and he didn't say "no". LOL!

mydaddysjag said:
1301933588[/url]' post='1361060']Remember me nagging everyone for tips and advice on the custom trailer I was going to order? Well, it's finally finished, and they sent the pictures today. Im picking it up this weekend. I figured I would share the pictures with everyone since you were so helpful.

It is an Eclipse custom miniature horse trailer. It is the first small mini trailer they have built, and after building it, they have decided to offer a model very similar, just without dividers and less bells and whistles.

Im down to 1 horse right now, and we're planning to another later this year, so I didnt want a big trailer. I wanted something light, to hopefully help with the price of gas. My trailer aluminum and measures 8'L x 5'W x 5 1/2' tall and is 1300lbs. I know a lot of people dont like the shorter trailers, but it's 5'6" and im pretty short, so I'll actually be able to stand up in it, and I show A sized horses.

I had my dividers put in a little differently. The front divider goes to the ground, but the top half has bars across it. I plan to store things in the front of the trailer, and didn't want horses getting into it. On the other hand, I wanted to be able to haul a horse there if I ever had to, so I didn't want a solid wall. All dividers are removable so It can be a 5x8 box trailer, or it can be a 5x6 box with 2x5 storage separate in the front, or it can be all stalls that are 24" apart. My front divider with the bars can interchange with all of my dividers. Only the big divider and one "horse" divider is installed in the pictures.

Anyway, enough talking, heres what you really want to see....
Don't see any pics??

Latest posts

Back