easy rider cart????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We love our Jerald Runabout. In fact, we have 3--one for training and two for parades and pony rides. It has much more leg room for humans than most metal floor ones. It is light enough that I can pick it up by myself (granted, balance is a problem sometimes when I pick it up, but I put it on my Dakota pickup from the side while a trailer is hooked up and I am a 50+ yr old lady.) And while training, it takes a beating. It also has wood shalves (spelling) that I like, because I just don't like metal. I feel(and I may be wrong) that wood may have some give, while metal is totally non-giving.

This is just my opinion. The price is about the same as the one you are looking at. https://jeraldsulky.com/cart/agora.cgi?cart...on&ppinc=1a

Forgot to add that is does have shocks, the wheels are really nice, it is weighted nicely for the horse and lastly, the seat is wider than any other cart we have seen. We can put two big butts on the seat and not be squished in. Granted, this is behind a bigger (over) mini. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been fond of the Jerald Runabout. It looks like they've made some changes so the floorboards are less bulky-looking but it's still got those massive shafts (I really prefer a narrow diameter shaft as it leaves more room for the horse in the middle) and coil springs under the seat which make for a loud and rough ride. Bleah! I've gotten spoiled with my torsion axles- I'll only use coil springs on fairly smooth ground and for short periods of time for the sake of my back.
default_laugh.png

The Eazy Ryder cart is a pretty good one. A little heavy maybe, like my Edgeman, but otherwise sound. It's got some nice features, good design, looks good, and is meant for CDE so will certainly stand up to just about anything. If I recall correctly it's powdercoated too, which is nice. I think they look best with the available metal wheels and you certainly never have to worry about flat tires again with those. I know several people on here have them so hopefully they'll chime in with more information.

Leia

I've got a Smart Cart and an easy entry, and we were hoping to buy another Smart Cart so that Mom & I would each have one for our road/cross country driving. However, I'm now seriously looking at the EZ Ryder. I like the look of them and I see that they have an optional shaft that is adjustable from 48" to 60", so it would work on my Shetland as well (Smart Cart shafts are only 48" and while they might fit the Shetland--I haven't tried it on her yet--I think it might just be a little too small). The big thing is that I believe the EZ Ryder is $600-$1000 cheaper than the Smart Cart, and that amount of difference means I won't have to wait so long to buy!

I'm just curious what the weight is with the 26" metal wheels, and I also need to find out the measurement of the basket from front edge of seat to the front of the basket. Mom has a bad knee that doesn't bend as well as it should, so she needs to have enough leg room. Pictures I've seen of the EZ Ryder in use look like it might be a bit cramped for leg room. The Smart Cart is perfect.

I think CheyAut and her husbant have EZriders. and are very happy with them. you might want to drop her a PM. I would think being well suspended will make up for the extra weight as it will be more comfortable on the driver and the horse. DR.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Bellcrown, a Hyperbike, a Graber closed-wheel show cart and I do want a Frontier someday for those muddy play days and taking passengers. Well, and my Edgeman easy entry but unless you're local and want to buy it from me they're not available anymore.
default_wink.png

Leia

I may not have the majority opinion here, but I have an EZ rider cart and would not buy another one. It's too heavy, I sit too far away from the horse, and the shocks do not make for a smooth ride. And they are expensive! What I do love about it that I wish I could find in another cart, is the solid rubber tires (which are puncture proof!). I recently got a cart made by Ron Van Der Grif (sp?) in OK. It was much cheaper, uses a cushioned tractor seat, but has stirrups (no basket). So, it is not an easy entry cart. But, it rides great. I just fill up the tires with slime (puncture resistent foam) and away I go!

I may not have the majority opinion here, but I have an EZ rider cart and would not buy another one. It's too heavy, I sit too far away from the horse, and the shocks do not make for a smooth ride. And they are expensive! What I do love about it that I wish I could find in another cart, is the solid rubber tires (which are puncture proof!). I recently got a cart made by Ron Van Der Grif (sp?) in OK. It was much cheaper, uses a cushioned tractor seat, but has stirrups (no basket). So, it is not an easy entry cart. But, it rides great. I just fill up the tires with slime (puncture resistent foam) and away I go!
We are looking at carts, do you have the contact info on the person that made your cart? Website, email or phone number? Where in Oklahoma is he located? Approxmatly what did he charge for your roadster? Do you have a picture of it? Sorry for the 1001 questions :DOH!

We are looking at carts, do you have the contact info on the person that made your cart? Website, email or phone number? Where in Oklahoma is he located? Approxmatly what did he charge for your roadster? Do you have a picture of it? Sorry for the 1001 questions :DOH!
The cart was $450. It is definately a practice cart, not a show cart. I will have to look up the contact info for you. I'll try to get that to you on Tues/Weds (am out of town right now).

Latest posts

Back