Easy Recipes? Please Share!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh....wow...bet it would be good with half hash browns and topped with half the bread. I will have to try that.

I make calzones similar to Sonya's but I use pizza dough and pizza sauce, stuff with what ever you like.

Ham and Cheese bundles, are pretty easy too.

ham and swiss cheese cut into bite size pieces add about 1 tbs spicy mustard and 1/2 tsp. garlic powder. Mix well. Take cresent rolls instead of tearing them apart pinch the seams of 2 of them togeather put a scoop of the ham mix in the middle bring up the corners of the cresents pinch all seams to close, bake at about 20 minutes until golden brown. Kathy

[SIZE=12pt]Hey all![/SIZE]

I love recipes! I'm home recovering from surgery and doing great. So I thought I would jump online quick. Here is one of our favorite quick and very easy recipes. Reheated leftovers are great!!

COWBOY CHOW

2 lg cans of Bush's Baked Beans (I use different flavors all the time so I can't say which is best)

1 cup of BBQ Sauce (We use Sweet Baby Rays)

1 medium onion (diced)

1 28oz can of diced tomatoes (do not drain)

1 cup frozen corn (or canned corn - drained)

1# of kielbasa (reg. or beef) cut into bite size pieces

½ tsp garlic powder or 1-2 cloves fresh garlic - minced

In a large pot, sautée onions (and garlic if using fresh) in butter until tender. Add beans, tomatoes, corn, BBQ sauce, garlic powder and kielbasa. Heat throughly until corn is tender. (Approx. 15 minutes altho, I've let it simmer for an hour or more! Just don't forget to stir.) The longer it simmers the better it is. Serve with cornbread. Mmmmm Mmmmmm good!

Last edited by a moderator:
This is my "No Name One Pot Wonder" for people that like pasta.

I don't have exact amounts for ingredients because I tend to just throw things together....
default_rolleyes.gif

Cook a 1 lb package of pasta (shells, macaroni, whatever) according to instructions. Drain and return to the pot. Keep on low heat.

Add either 3 or 4 heaping Tablespoons of soft margarine ....... or 4 Tablespoons measured cubed. Stir in and allow to melt.

Add 1/2 cup (or more) Parmesan Cheese, 1/8 to 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1 rounded tsp. oregano, 1 rounded tsp. basil. Toss/Stir.

1 cup frozen vegetables (whatever you have available), and a 1/2 cup to a cup of whatever cooked leftover meat you have. If you don't have any meat or prefer not to use any......that's fine too.

*Optional -- If I have it available I add a little bit of chopped onion and/or a few sliced mushrooms.

Continue stirring over very low heat until the frozen vegies are warmed..........Serve in bowls!

Good for up to 4 people. Takes less than 30 minutes to make.

This is my "No Name One Pot Wonder" for people that like pasta.

I don't have exact amounts for ingredients because I tend to just throw things together....
default_rolleyes.gif

Cook a 1 lb package of pasta (shells, macaroni, whatever) according to instructions. Drain and return to the pot. Keep on low heat.

Add either 3 or 4 heaping Tablespoons of soft margarine ....... or 4 Tablespoons measured cubed. Stir in and allow to melt.

Add 1/2 cup (or more) Parmesan Cheese, 1/8 to 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1 rounded tsp. oregano, 1 rounded tsp. basil. Toss/Stir.

1 cup frozen vegetables (whatever you have available), and a 1/2 cup to a cup of whatever cooked leftover meat you have. If you don't have any meat or prefer not to use any......that's fine too.

*Optional -- If I have it available I add a little bit of chopped onion and/or a few sliced mushrooms.

Continue stirring over very low heat until the frozen vegies are warmed..........Serve in bowls!

Good for up to 4 people. Takes less than 30 minutes to make.

This sounds yummy!!!!! I would fry some chopped garlic-real cloves- in that butter, and add some real homegrown fresh Italian basil......DARN!!!! Now I'm drooling all over my keyboard!!!!!!!!! I'll have to make this when I get home late tonight from work!

Lotsa good recipes iin this post!!!!! I like to cook so I'll be trying one or two or three on my next day off work!

Good recipes. I love to cook and bake. I am always looking for new ways to cook. Here is a good muffin recipe the kids will like

A basic banana muffin is made extraordinary with a cinnamon-and-brown-sugar streusel topping."

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 bananas, mashed

3/4 cup white sugar 1 egg, lightly beaten

1/3 cup butter, melted or 1/3 cup of oil

1/3 cup packed brown sugar

2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1 tablespoon butter

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.

2. In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.

3. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.

4. Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.

KenBen

[SIZE=12pt]You can sneak blended green beans or carrots into your sauce...shhhhh~LOL I'm lucky that both Steve and the kids are BIG veggies eaters, but I know that is not the case for many people.[/SIZE]

As a change up from regular spaghetti, I make spaghetti bake a lot. I add mushrooms, onions, lots of minced garlic and occasional peppers to pre-made sauce. I usually serve it with a spinach salad. I quick steam Zac's spinach in a glass bowl in the microwave, since he can't chew it well raw yet.

Prepare your sauce & pasta (any type you like) as usual. It calls for 8 oz of pasta.

Spray an oven safe pan with cooking spray or wipe w/oil, pour in your drained, cooked pasta

mix 1 raw egg and 1/2 C. of parmesan cheese with pasta

spread approx. 1/2 to 1 C of sour cream over the top of the pasta

Pour your sauce over that and top with shredded cheese

Bake at 350 for about an hour until cheese starts to brown. If everything is hot (pasta & sauce), you really only need to cook it 1/2 that time. You can make it up ahead of time too, but don't bake it. You can pop it in the oven about an hour before you are ready to eat. I make BIG batches of this for big family meals.

Another favorite here is Chicken Pot Pie.

I use 1 small bag of frozen veggies

a few cooked & diced chicken breasts (GREAT for leftover turkey!)

2 deep dish pie crusts ( I buy the generic ones in the aluminum pans)

1 onion

mushrooms if I have them

1 can of cream of mushroom soup (you can use cream of chicken)

minced garlic

Cavender's seasoning (although due to MSG we're switching over to a MSG free blended spice)

salt & pepper

Cookie sheet

Leave the frozen veggies out while prepping everything, so they can start to thaw.

Preheat oven to about 350 and pop in ONE pie crust JUST until it starts to get a light gold. That will be your bottom crust. Set aside

Using a big electric skillet

Dice and cook chicken breasts (I just pan cook w/ a little olive oil) set aside

Pour in a little more olive oil and cook the onions if you're addding peppers add them too, then add the mushrooms, cook slowly until softened & then add the garlic-it gets bitter if burned!

Add soup (do not add water) and veggies, warm and stir pretty constantly to prevent scorching

Place the pie crust you lightly browned on the cookie sheet (in it's pan) and pour entire mixture into it and tip the other raw pie crust onto the top, removing it from the pan (if it has one) and pinch the edges together. Make a few vent slices in the top for steam and cook on a MIDDLE rack at about 350, until the top pie crust is done.

I also use Phyllo dough occasionally for the top crust or flattened raw biscuits. This is a trial and error type of recipe, add what you like and use whatever veggies you prefer. I like mine mounded up high, so we add lots of stuff
default_yes.gif
The cookie sheet protects your oven from spills AND this will be HOT and easy to slop onto your hands when removing it from the oven.

My whole family LOVES this and it's on Mia's "let's have that for dinner" list this week
default_smile.png
It's another thing you can make up ahead, then put in the oven about 30 minutes to an hour before you're ready to eat.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one will win in the easiest and possibly the most delicious categoies.
default_wink.png

Muffins

1 cake mix--I use dark chocolate

1 15 oz can of pumpkin

Mix.

Put in 12 paper lined muffin tins.

Oven on 375, bake 15-20 minutes.

I cut them in half and spray whipped cream on them

Heavenly.

This one will win in the easiest and possibly the most delicious categoies.
default_wink.png

Muffins

1 cake mix--I use dark chocolate

1 15 oz can of pumpkin

Mix.

Put in 12 paper lined muffin tins.

Oven on 375, bake 15-20 minutes.

I cut them in half and spray whipped cream on them

Heavenly.
Karla this sounds yummy AND easy! Question.....Do you do up the cake mix with all the ingredients that the box says to...or just cake mix and can of pumpkin and that's all?

OK--it's yet another WINDY spring day, and I'm in the house figuring a materials list to build a fence...I came over here to read, and have been 'sucked in' by this thread!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Here's two recipes from my very dear friend Sarah C., an irrepressable optimist who lived life to the fullest despite diabetes and near-total loss of sight---she would love knowing they are being passed along to you younger folks!

A variation on the breakfast idea--is MEANT to be made the day before, refrigerated overnight, then just popped into the oven the next AM! Easy AND delicious!

Sarah's Breakfast Casserole

6 slices frozen bread 1 lb. pkg. sausage(I like Jimmy Dean 'regular')

1 jar Kraft "Olde English" cheese spread 1 pt. Half n Half (2 c.)

6 eggs 1 4 oz. can chopped green chile (opt.)

Seasonings as desired(salt/seasoned salt, pepper, celery salt, etc.)

'Crumble' and fry sausage, drain off excess fat, set aside

Beat 6 eggs well;add Half n Half and desired seasonings. Place froz. bread slices in botton of 9" X 13", buttered (could use Pam or such) casserole pan; spread w/ 'Olde English' spread, and green chiles if using. Gently pour egg mix over bread. Top w/ crumbled cooked sausage. Cover and let set in fridge at least 8 hours. Uncover, cook in moderate oven (325-350 degrees; may vary according to your location and altitude) until the surface is bubbly( that is @ 30-45 min.--I don't preheat the oven, just put it in when the oven is turned on.) This will serve 6-12 people, OR, it keeps VERY well covered in the fridge, and reheats well in the microwave. I serve it with Picante salsa, too!

Sarah's Dump Cake

Grease a 9" x 13" x 2" pan. Dump 20 oz. crushed pineapple & spread evenly. Dump and spread 1 can pie cherries. Spread 1 box yellow cake mix. Spread 1 c. chopped pecans. Top w/ 1 stick margarine, thinly sliced. Bake 1 hr.+/-, @ 350 degrees(sea level).

Oven Stew (easy and pretty quick to prepare; takes a while to cook, but very tasty for a family meal!)

1 1/2 lb. cut up stew meat

Cut-up carrots, onions, bell pepper

1 can each, Golden Mushroom and Cream of Celery Soup(Campbells)

Mix all ingredients in a 9" x 13" x 2" casserole dish; cover w/ foil and seal well, cook in slow oven(300 degrees)@ 3 hours.

I can't remember if I've made the Dump Cake; have made the other two(not lately, because there is usually only me to cook for...)-but both I've made are GOOD, and I ate a Dump Cake that SARAH made, and loved it(that's why I asked for the recipe!) The breakfast casserole is especially nice at holidays when family visits, because it can be made ahead, then just popped into the oven in the AM!)

Margo

Sterling--just those 2 ingredients, NO oil, water, or eggs. I know it sounds strange--but it's really that easy. And they are really that yummy. Even my teens (okay one is 20) love them. And hubby!! On Weight Watchers they are 3 points--BUT that might have been using a sugar free cake mix. I use regular ones. Besides I eat at least 4 a day when they're here.
default_rolleyes.gif

Try dark chocolate--when it's still warm--split it down the middle and add a thick layer of whipped cream. Oh my, oh my....

Let me know when you try it.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back