Easy Entry cart or Road cart to show in??

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CZP1

Reaction score
I am going to a show in July I have heard that recently at the rated shows that the judges prefer the wire wheel show carts to a wood wheel road cart.

I have an EE with wire wheels that I have showed in but recently purchased a "road cart" with wooden wheels that I use in for ADT. It is very nice and I think is a better turn-out than the EE.

I have posted a link to pictures of my road cart. I will be showing in Country Pleasure.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/29333...host=good-times

Your "road cart" will be fine for Country Pleasure. In AMHA/AMHR driving, wooden wheels are appropriate, and not-as-appropriate in Pleasure or Fine Harness and definitely NOT appropriate for roadster!

Although you certainly can show in your EE, I would choose the road cart for general better turnout.

Andrea

I agree with Andrea. If you're going to show in country pleasure, get the wood cart. They look really nice and if you "dress" the part, it'll all fall into place.

But if you plan on doing more than just driving, like say, obstacle driving, I would use an EE since they are easier to manuever.

I too would choose the road cart over the easy entry for a rated show. A show cart is more typical but the road cart gives a classy-but-different impression instead of perhaps a more novice or beginner impression. Silly, but true!
default_wacko.png

Leia

Latest posts

Back