Easy boots

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing your experience about the boots in your blog, Mindy! :) I am currently using the EB Minis and the Equine Fusion Active, and gave a try to the Cavallo CLB (not successful), I agree with all of your points.
I think the Active is actually the best boot on the market for minis. But for me, the Easy Boot Mini is a good alternative for using in training. I used them a lot: we did drives up to 22 miles last year. Actually, I mounted spikes on the boots to give the minis better grip on icy roads. This works great too!20190211_165132.jpg
(this was on a 7-mi run last sunday - Massai wears Easyboots on all 4 hooves and Moony on his front hooves)

@Northwolf I love your minis! They are adorable!

I found on our several very long drives last year that the easy boots just flew off as we trotted down the trail. LOL. But we have to cross lots of water on our drives and the water and the sand and then the mud seemed to be too much for the easy boots velcro.

I wasn't able to take the Fusion boots on any of the very long drives as I didn't have them then, but I did take them out and we did some river crossings followed by many trotting miles on a gravel road and they stayed put AND didn't get rocks in them as I found the easy boots did. I was thrilled! LOL!

I've been using the Fusions on our snowy, icy roads this winter and love how well they are working. They don't get snow packed into them and so far I haven't needed any studs on them. Here is a little video of Zorro walking down the icy road. He is booted on the fronts and not the hinds and you can see how slippery it is in some spots!

Zorro and I walked about 68 miles in the month of January and though he didn't wear the boots for all the miles, he did wear them for about 40 miles. They did great. I'm really looking forward to using them on our long wet drives this summer!

WOW 22 miles and I thought I was stretching it trying to do 15.
It's easy for a mini to do 15 or 20 miles a day IF they are in good shape :) Meanwhile, my boys are laughing about distances under 10 miles. I met a driver last year who's driving endurance races with her mini up to almost 60 miles a day! Never undervalue a mini! :D

@MindySchroder thanks, Mindy :) Yes, I agree: I never had rocks or sand in the Equine Fusion Active's, even when we cross small rivers. We used the boots on alp trails too, they're very robust and the minis are sure-footed with the boots. I think, in the opposite, the Easyboots aren't usable for trails like that. But they're "good enough" for routine drives on normal roads under ideal conditions.
You're very hardworking with Zorro, that's great! :)

Thinking of getting boots for Midnight. Got a call in to the Equine Fusion folks. I'd rather chat with them than with a middleman.
I'm very happy with the Easy Boots for Dapper Dan, but they do get debris in them.

So, I got the Equine Fusion boots for Midnight. I have only put them on her to see if they fit (plastic bags on the hooves and standing on a clean cardboard, in case they need to be returned). They appear to fit fine, so we will try them going for a walk. I'll try to get a good photo of her in them at that time. She wears the smallest size made.
She was like a dog when I put those plastic baggies on her feet, shaking her foot.

I like the plastic bag idea. I do that for my own boots but didn't think to try hoof boots that way. I need to order some but they are costly so I need to get it right. The only ones that seem suitable are the easyboot minis size 3. Good luck and keep us informed

So, I got the Equine Fusion boots for Midnight. I have only put them on her to see if they fit (plastic bags on the hooves and standing on a clean cardboard, in case they need to be returned). They appear to fit fine, so we will try them going for a walk. I'll try to get a good photo of her in them at that time. She wears the smallest size made.
She was like a dog when I put those plastic baggies on her feet, shaking her foot.

You didn't tell me she shook her foot like a dog! That's so funny! I can't wait to see photos of her going for a walk in her new boots :)

Today Midnight wore her Equine Fusion for the first time. We went for our 2 mile walk on paved road. I little more effort to put on than the Easy Boots but I'm sure I'll get better at it. This time I was taking time to make sure the hoof went into the boot properly and that I was attaching them correctly. She wasnt' sure she wanted anything on her feet at first, but didn't take long to adjust. She wears the two smallest sizes. The tiny back boots have a little heart in the tread. Not sure what that means!
After our walk, I checked to make sure there was no rubbing. Everything looked fine, so I think we are good to go. btw, we went in and out of ditches several times with no problem.
Picture not very good.

Attachments

• boots 10-10.jpg
    boots 10-10.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 5
Today Midnight wore her Equine Fusion for the first time. We went for our 2 mile walk on paved road. I little more effort to put on than the Easy Boots but I'm sure I'll get better at it. This time I was taking time to make sure the hoof went into the boot properly and that I was attaching them correctly. She wasnt' sure she wanted anything on her feet at first, but didn't take long to adjust. She wears the two smallest sizes. The tiny back boots have a little heart in the tread. Not sure what that means!
After our walk, I checked to make sure there was no rubbing. Everything looked fine, so I think we are good to go. btw, we went in and out of ditches several times with no problem.
Picture not very good.
She looks good in them! I love the teeny tiny boots. Only the little ones, the 7 slims, 7 regular and the 8 slims have the hearts on the soles. I don't know why other than it makes it easy to tell them apart from the little bit larger sizes?

I will say the 8 slim is MUCH smaller than the 8 regular so it's not hard to tell at a glance!

I just discovered a product called “ Scoot Boot” has any one tried these or at least know anything about them ?
They are a great option if your mini has big feet. I have a 40" tall pony and a 37" tall mini both wear a size 3 mini easy boot and a size 8 in Equine Fusion and neither of them fit in the scoot boot mini option. It's just too big.

Bringing this older thread back rather than starting a new one... Candace is a little reluctant to move into her faster gaits for me. I'm thinking it's her feet. She'll trot no problem on smooth asphalt or sandy ground but as soon as it gets a little bumpy she slows WAAAAY down. Like a walk but slower. So I'm thinking of ordering front boots for her. I'm hoping they may fit more than one of my minis but I'll order them in her size. Off to shop and re-read about the Easy Boot and the Equine Fusion boots.

Zorro will do this if I am driving him without booting all four feet. I used to drive him that way and then he had a little laminitis attack last spring and I decided to boot him on all four for a long weekend drive we did, just to prevent any soreness since he was doing so well after being footy. After that he decided he really liked to be booted on all four (though he argues when I put the boots ON him. Sigh.) They have their way of communicating that's for sure!

Latest posts

Back