Easter Eggs Contest

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmax

Reaction score
I received the contest prize today in the mail and I send many thank yous to Mary Lou for such a generous box of goodies! Above and beyond for sure. There was a beautiful lead rope, a super snazzy hoof pick almost too good to use, a charming little picture frame......... and........ a horse netsuke, such a moment, for I collect them! Mary Lou, you are a gem.

And let me not forget to say thanks to Robin and Debby for providing the contests that cheer us all up here on the forum, they are fun and bring us all together.

Thanks to all, again such a delightful 'surprize'.

I also received my prize! I had thanked Robin, but need to do it here also.
default_thumbup.gif
I got a nifty LB pocket calculator, LB pen, magnet, and candy. I ditto madmax in thanking Robin, Mary Lou, Debby, and everyone involved for the fun times!!

BTW, madmax, what is a "horse netsuke"? Is that a typo?

A netsuke is a toggle the Japanese used to hold the cords that fastened their 'purses' to their person.. They are small, usually around 3", carved animals and figures with 2 holes in the bottom for the cords to be threaded. They could have been made of ivory, bone, jade, wood, a carveable stone, etc. There are reproductions available nowadays, it is nice to find an antique one but they are expensive. Museums have repos sometimes of one in their collection for sale in their gift shop. They make a nice addition to one's tiny horse figures collection.

Naturally I am partial to the horse ones, they are usually in a resting position with the head turned to look at their rump, where there will be some sort of whimsical figure like a flower, a bug, a mouse,

sitting there.

Congratulations again!

Thanks again Mary Lou for donating the April prize!
default_smile.png

Be on the look out for our next game in June!

Latest posts

Back