East Coast Miniature Horse Club

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brookhaven

Reaction score
Who's going and what are ya showin'? It's this Saturday, Aug. 20. So far looks like a lot of entries and should be a lot of fun!!! Even expecting a break in the heat!!!
yes.gif
aktion033.gif
yes.gif

I wish I was going, but I can't be two places at once and my hotel reservations are already made in DE for the Reece sale.
unsure.gif

Courtney

[SIZE=14pt]Sorry cant be there but I will be there in spirit![/SIZE]

Courtney buy something good for me preferably with a baldish face and blue eyes!

Lyn

Last edited by a moderator:
Hrm, that was on my list too Lyn. I am thinking more on the lines of that pretty Egyptain King girl, I believe she is lot 25, or there is a triple registered mare in this sale.....Can ya tell I have been scanning that online catalog???
biggrin.gif
Oh I really hope Amy doesn't read this, LOL, I wanted to go to this show sooo bad!!! You can count on me next year for sure!!!!!
yes.gif

Courtney

We are going to be at the show on Sat. We are bringing two yearling mares and a weanling colt. The colt is the one that we bought at the Mt. Airy sale with the Sids Rebel daughter. He is out of Hunt House Farms Medallion. We are bringing a extremely nice daughter out of our National Grand Champion Lucky Four Silvers Rebel Legacy. She is also out of one of our NFCs Don Juan daughter. My sister is showing a little bay mare that is very nice. We will be coming on Sat. morning. Looking foward to meeting you. There is going to be alot of horses coming to the show. There was 50 of 58 stalls reserved as of Sat. and there are alot of horses showing out of the trailer.

Thanks for posting Merry! We do need to add that the start time has been backed up to 9am since we have so many people trailering in. The facility is also setting up a tent with panel stalls to help as overflow since it will be SO hot--97 degrees and horses showing out of trailers is just not a great idea! Oh--and concessions are being run by volunteers of the HorsePower therapeutic learning center and all procedes to go to that group--so everyone come hungry!
smile.gif

Courtney....you are officially a traitor! LOL Although....the way MY mind works is that you must be on the looking end of things if you are going up there and not coming over for the show. Hmmmm....

Hey wait...our club vice pres. and scheduled announcer AND entry person are going to be up there... what stinky timing for us! Too bad we can't all be two places at once. Ah well...we are going to have a fun show anyway! We have had a HUGE local response to this show and I couldn't be more thrilled. We have more stalls booked than rated AQHA shows! We have some GREAT prizes too! Overall high point youth (one horse one handler) award is an original oil painting of your horse by the amazing and talented artist Tricia Linville and she is doing one for the supreme halter horse as well (donated by AKS Miniatures). There are also prizes of photographs from our own very talented photographer Peggy Rogerson of Canyong Art and Photography for the champion classes. With a fun class list, great club members showing and an awsome prize list it is sure to be a great weekend!

Aubrey I can't wait to see you show that colt! He is just SO awsome!

I am so excited--see you all on Saturday!

-Amy

aktion033.gif
Great, 9AM is easier than 8AM (especially with a 4 hr drive).....I'm hoping to be there. Just one mare who could make me stay home -- she's still waiting to foal and everyone knows how they just laydown when you get 25 miles away!
laugh.gif

No plans to show a horse -- just help out where/when needed -- and socialize.
yes.gif

SUCH good news about the weather! I'll take mid 80s happily after what we have been getting! Thank goodness!!

We will of course be there, Samantha is the ring steward, but we are taking two horses for some non mini owners to show.

BUT..........

The big news is that Ravenwood Miniatures, Craig Westergaard and Bryan Hall, have invited anyone that wants to come over to their farm after the show for a cookout and tour if they want to. Its very generous of them and they are looking forward to being at the show and having everyone over later on. So plan on going if you can, its a beautiful place and they are great people.

Hey Merry & Karen
saludando.gif
saludando.gif

I wish I could make it! I have three options for this weekend though
wacko.gif
new_shocked.gif

1. Reece Family Sale

2. This NC show looks like it would be fun

3. There is a little show in FL this weekend

So will see where I end up
biggrin.gif

There are a couple farms I would like to tour in NC so maybe Labor Day weekend?

Everybody have fun this weekend and will see you at Nationals
aktion033.gif

OH Chandler you have to come visit us, it will be so fun and bring fun show clothes, they may not be National Champions there but there will be alot of horses that need someone to take them into the ring. We need you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well and the fact that you are so fun to be around helps too, now where are you going to get a better offer then us, LOL.

Had to edit, bring fun show clothes, jeans and shirt, not requiring the tux at this show.

cheers2.gif

Hey Karen I did a little search
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif
ITS ONLY a 12 HOUR dribe
aktion033.gif
I want to go SO BAD! To bad I cant be everywhere at once yet. Still working on that
wink.gif

Next year im getting rounded up into going to a Sale in TX, LKF Sale, Reece's Sale. PLUS I want to fly out WEST to see the BIG shows in CO and AZ so I am starting my daily planner, and its filling up fast. lol

I am so looking forward to WORLDS this year. Last year was crappy for me and didnt enjoy much but I KNOW this one is going to be AWESOME. We will have fun.

Fun show clothes
rolleyes.gif
Thats something new hehe better get me some. I bet I wouldnt get as hot.
biggrin.gif

I'm coming and bringing my 3 y/o mare, Sugar. This will be a first for both of us.

Seriously, what should I wear? I don't want to overdress, but I don't want to show up in jeans and everyone else looking sharp.

I might be starting to get a little nervous.

new_shocked.gif

-Kristie

Show attire is casual, jeans, boots and either a polo shirt or short sleeve button down. The only classes that will have to "dress" will be the showmanship classes. This is a fun and learning show, its open to all minis registered or not. As long as they are 38" or under. We are doing this to help people learn what all they can do with their minis and to help some first timers get in the show ring.

And Chandler I know you are a popular guy, so I know you will be welcomed where ever you end up. Looking forward to seeing you again where ever it may be.

Karen

minimomNC said:
Show attire is casual,  jeans, boots and either a polo shirt or short sleeve button down.  The only classes that will have to "dress" will be the showmanship classes.    This is a fun and learning show,  its open to all minis registered or not.  As long as they are 38" or under.  We are doing this to help people learn what all they can do with their minis and to help some first timers get in the show ring. 
And Chandler I know you are a popular guy,  so I know you will be welcomed where ever you end up.  Looking forward to seeing you again where ever it may be. 

Karen

450698[/snapback]

Thanks Karen.
smile.gif

-Kristie

You can bet we will be there. We are bringing 4 horses and a grandaughter. Slash man of course and Shelby wants to drive Scout again. She needs Midnight for liberty. And she is going to try jumping this time with Dancer. HOpe to see everyong there. Maryann

Latest posts

Back