Early morning surprize

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimule

Reaction score
I have a mare, Grace, that has always needed help foaling. I checked her last night, 332 days, no signs other than rubbing her butt. Belly wasn't dropped, no soft backend, not even sticky milk. This morning hubby went out for his walk and noticed she was rolling. The nose and front feet were all ready there, lots of blood, and "it" was cold. The tongue was out but not blue. We had to work pretty hard to get HIM out and poor momma was exhausted. It took him a few hours to figure out the milk bar but everything is working fine now. He's a pretty big boy. He is a palomino with 1 blue eye and 1 green eye. Momma is a palomino but daddy is a grulla (LWO+). Not sure how that happened.
default_unsure.png
BUT....this is Grace's last foal. It's too dangerous (in my opinion) to let her have anymore foals. I'd hate to loose her or a foal because it didn't fit.

This is Sagebrush Tamales Blonde Stranger

stalli2.jpg

His blue eye

stranger05.jpg

Not a great photo but you can see his color better

stranger02.jpg

congrats!! so glad it all turned out well
default_aktion033.gif

Wow that is scary, I'm glad it worked out and you have a sweet babyboy!!

Whew, great save! He is darling.
default_wub.png

I think you've made a good, caring decision regarding your mare. I'd do the same thing.

Congratulations on the save and your pretty new baby!

Good job! And a cute little guy!
default_aktion033.gif

Glad you were there to help! And a very good decision for your mare. I retired mine this year becuase she had a hard time foaling out. Better to keep them happy, safe, and healthy!
default_wub.png

Congrats on a beautiful looking boy!
default_aktion033.gif

Congrats
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
I'm so glad that it turned out good.

He's Probably LWO+ too That blue eye is an indicator.

Congrats on your colt. I am glad it worked out for you and your mare and him...

Very handsome little colt, so glad you could help bring him into this big world. Congrats!

Latest posts

Back