Early Christmas and B-day Presents

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheri Hill

Reaction score
My wonderful hubby had told me for Christmas and my B-day I could get a mini appy mare.
aktion033.gif
wub.gif
Later with our tax returns. Well I started looking around some and then a friend found out about these and told me. They are much bigger than my other minis who are all AMHR and AMHA, the biggest being 32.25" But I love these spotties and couldn't pass them up. They were a great deal so I got to get 2!!
aktion033.gif
new_multi.gif
488.gif

Frosty is Knight Star's Frosty Velvet she is now measuring about 35" today when I measured her after trimming her long hooves, they could have went shorter but I didn't want to take anymore off this session. (I had hoped she was 34" so I could hardship her into AMHA but I don't think I will get her an inch shorter once her hooves are where they should be and in her summer coat, maybe a bit smaller but not down to 34 inches. That is ok though I still like her! Her papers say both eyes blue but they have darkened but each still has a small blue dot in them. She is 8 years old and bred to the same appy stallion has produced 3 fillies. 2 bays that are in the webshots album, they matured in the 32" range, and her pintaloosa filly from this year shown in her summer pics. Her summer pics she doesn't even look like the same horse at all. Her papers say blue roan appy but she looks bay roan appy now, but in summer looks like a blue roan appy. What a difference! She may also be bred again to the same appy stallion, I think he is 34.5" or so, also a few pics of him in the webshots album. The other one is Dotty reg. name Pom Pom's Alota Spots she is AMHR registered and her papers say she is 37 inches tall but today when I measured her after trimming her hooves, hers could have went shorter too, but not this session, I got 36.5 - 36.75 inches. She is also 8 years old. She might be big enough for Tristan to ride ;-) I plan to breed Illusion to them both for lots of spots :) (hopefully blue eyes too, since Illusion has 2 bright blue eyes with his spots, and Frosty has the blue too) They are SO much bigger than my other minis so look like Giants compared to them. Especially Spunky, he looks SOO very tiny by them, they are up on the cement in the pics with him and Illusion so makes them look even taller than them than they are. I just couldn't pass them up. I am tickled with them. They were both good when I trimmed their hooves today too. What a wonderful hubby I have!
wub.gif
I think he is a keeper!
yes.gif

Here is the album to check out all the pics. I took yesterday and to see Frosty's other fillies and the appy stallion she may be bred to.

http://community.webshots.com/album/510616794PmCBMs

Here is Frosty now in winter coat

Frostyrightside11-23-05006.jpg

Frostyleftside11-23-05009.jpg

This is Frosty this past summer with her 05 pintaloosa filly. Doesn't look like the same horse does it!!
new_shocked.gif

Frostyandpintaloosafilly05002sm.jpg

Here is Dotty in winter coat, yesterday

Dottyrightside11-23-05008.jpg

Dottyrightside11-23-05016.jpg

Here is Dotty this past summer in summer coat.

Dottysummer05.jpg

I just love appys ...appys with blankets are even better.

Frosty is pretty! I want a grey or white ....sometime in the future though.

Leeana

Congratulations they are both very nice. Sounds like hubby is a keeper too!

Congratulations! Very nice mares!

Suzy Hooper

Show Horses by Suzy

Fresno, CA

Thanks! Yes, you do someday! We can go for a cart ride :)

susanne said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!
...Two more reasons I need to make it over to Molalla for a visit!

505969[/snapback]

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Sheri!! I'm soo jealous!
biggrin.gif
They are both beautiful mares, love Dotty's spots. Hope they are both pregnant for you, will be exciting to see their foals!

What beautiful mares and I love the little appy in the background.........you are very lucky.......congrats.........I have a leaopard appy too but mine is a dwarf and I love him to pieces............
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Thanks Kim. I am pretty tickled!
wub.gif

She thinks that only Frosty was possibly bred, but said she would put them both on the breeding certificate. I will let Illusion have a shot at them this next year
yes.gif
Hopefully lots of spots!

Kim~Crayonboxminiatures said:
Congratulations Sheri!! I'm soo jealous!
biggrin.gif
  They are both beautiful mares, love Dotty's spots. Hope they are both pregnant for you, will be exciting to see their foals!
506020[/snapback]

Thanks! That is Illusion, who I got last year. He has bright blue eyes! I will breed him to them this next year. I bet your lil spottie is adorable!

TinyMiteVillage said:
What beautiful mares and I love the little appy in the background.........you are very lucky.......congrats.........I have a leaopard appy too but mine is a dwarf and I love him to pieces............
aktion033.gif

aktion033.gif

506033[/snapback]

Wow, lucky you, Sheri!

Congratulations.
smile.gif

Hope you get some spotty babies, soon, from them.

Liz M.

Thanks Liz, I sure hope so.
yes.gif

Thanks everyone for your nice comments. I can't wait to see them this next summer after all shed and bathed.
wub.gif

Sheri

nootka said:
Wow, lucky you, Sheri!Congratulations. 
smile.gif

Hope you get some spotty babies, soon, from them. 

Liz M.

506254[/snapback]

Latest posts

Back