Duuoohh...technodweeb! LOL

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver City Heritage Farmstead

Can't stop now (formerly Dragons Wish Farm)
Reaction score
Well, the last several months, I've had very inconsitent access to this forum, and couldn't figure out why (see login procedure in Back Porch forum in the "stay out of the kitchen" thread). Tried clearing caches, histories, cookies (but leaving "accept cookies" toggled on), rebooting, with the result of no relief. Sometimes I could login, other times not. It was often very slow when I did get logged in, and I would lose longer posts to server time-outs. Frustrating! I tried the usual fixes without much success.

I have a Motorola Atrix HD with net10 service, and until February have been satisfied. Starting with refills that month, problems began. After backtracking my activities, I narrowed things to the February timeframe, and discovered this was the first time I'd received a text message from net10 stating "click message to update browser." Clicking the link took me to a net10 advertising hubsite that had NOTHING to do with updates. Went through this process a couple times, with browser staying slower than mud.

I finally googled the message in March, found smartphonematters website, and read the thread. One suggestion there was to reply STOP to text message. I did, quit receiving message, but speed didn't improve.

Then, after trying to log into a couple websites (IRS was one of them....later you'll say "hmmmmm") I got the message I needed to accept cookies on my device or I was denied access. Since this finally happened when I visited a site IMMEDIATELY after trying to login here, I made the connection.

My process now is to toggle cookies on when I want to login here, login, participate as I like, lgout, turn off cookies then reboot. Now I'm back up to normal service and access. It's working so far, will see if continues to my next refill.

Hope this helps some other technodweeb!! LOL

Latest posts

Back