dustys foaling thread

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you girls give SUCH great advice!! I don't know what we would do without you
default_rolleyes.gif

a biscuit of hay, is a section about 2-3 inches wide and size of the bale long Suzie gets a biscuit in a day, as I give her the half in the morning half at night of lucerne then another half of the oaten... yes Finn is starting to have a little nibble cheeky baby boy!!

I make sure Suzie eats the chaff before Finn gets into play with it... he seems to have no problems.

so Jenny how are you this morning? I hope you are feeling ok... this must be so hard for you!!!
default_no.gif
thinking of you!!

default_saludando.gif
thanks cassie this is really hard my first year of breeding and problams after problams

ive waited 4 years for my horses to be old enough to breed

maybe iam just not ment to breed
default_no.gif
:No-Sad

Jenny, Sometimes we may feel that way. My first mare I bought last year already bred
default_biggrin.png
. Through this site I learned about needing a due date (did not have one
default_no.gif
) red bag (OMG
default_new_shocked.gif
) other complications (OMG
default_new_shocked.gif
). Very uneducated for the possibility of anything going wrong. I lost my foal
default_crybaby.gif
. She foaled while I was at work. on camera, but not on marestare. I really felt like a failure. Cried for days over my first little filly
default_crybaby.gif
. She didn't get out of the bag is the only thing I can say. I thought to myself. No way can I go through that again. Fast forward---- here we are now. April is bred again and due the 28th of May. I really understand where you are coming from. Give yourself time. You may change your mind. and then you may not.

But We all know how much care and love you give your chips and support you in whatever your choice is. As I have heard on here time and again this year has been very strange. Lots of problems for everyone and longer than normal gestation. Lots of lost foals, but there have been the great celebrations of textbook births too.

Give yourself time. We're here.

default_saludando.gif
thanks mini dream ...just got back from feeding the horses and now dusty has a bloody show

oh for f#ck sakes whats going on
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif

default_saludando.gif
thanks mini dream ...just got back from feeding the horses and now dusty has a bloody show

oh for f#ck sakes whats going on
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif
closedeyes.gif

Take a breath.

Calm down.

Remember that mares can safely foal from 300 days to 360 and minis really seem to prefer foaling around 320 rather then the 340 of their bigger friends.

The bloody show can begin 3 weeks out from foaling so it is not an imminent sign.

Remember that mares have been carrying and delivering foals for years and years, somtimes things go wrong and somtimes they don't.

I understand the mares are giving you a hard run now but for the sake of your own health you need to find a way to shelve the stress. I know that's hard, heck you guys saw me after Ashanti's foal didn't make it, but you need to be on the ball and as rested and as you can be for Saffire.

default_saludando.gif
but does that mean she's got what saffires got????????????????????????

The vet saw her when she checked Saffire right? Surely she would have noticed if somthing was going wrong with her as well.

As I always say, vet if worried!

But losing the plug is a very natural part of the final days of pregnancy.

default_saludando.gif
but its the same show as what saffire had
default_no.gif
:No-Sad

And Twinky had the bloody show a week out from Sterling, it's very normal.

Did the vet have a good close look at Dusty when she was looking at Saffire?

Take a breath.

Calm down.

Remember that mares can safely foal from 300 days to 360 and minis really seem to prefer foaling around 320 rather then the 340 of their bigger friends.

The bloody show can begin 3 weeks out from foaling so it is not an imminent sign.

Remember that mares have been carrying and delivering foals for years and years, somtimes things go wrong and somtimes they don't.

I understand the mares are giving you a hard run now but for the sake of your own health you need to find a way to shelve the stress. I know that's hard, heck you guys saw me after Ashanti's foal didn't make it, but you need to be on the ball and as rested and as you can be for Saffire.
Bree is giving you really good advice Jenny,

most mares will have a bloody show a week or so before foaling like Bree said...

I know its hard but try not to stress to much, your girls will feel your stress and they will stress which is NOT GOOD!

as long as you are there, giving them the love care and attention they need, and are there for the delivery, you are doing as much as you can.

have you got some foaling books that you can read? I don't know if it will help or hinder at the moment as it may stress you more, but hopefully you can take some knowledge from it and it can help you calm down? just an idea...

you know we are supporting you and thinking of you always...

please try to relax a little, if only when your around the mares...
default_yes.gif

If you haven't looked, google Kim's site at Crayonbox Miniatures, and go to her information on signs of foaling -- or whatever it's called. She has a great picture of a mare losing her mucus plug -- which is absolutley normal. See if what you're seeing looks like that, and let us know!

Can you get a picture of what you're seeing?
Given that I've had my arms covered in afterbith, I've carried placentas and checked them in detail and any number of gross horse related jobs I'm going to sound funny when I say that mucus plug shot is gross!
default_new_rofl.gif

I'm glad I've only seen the liquid and never the plug. Ick!

default_saludando.gif
i just had the biggest cry.....noy only iam having problams with my horses

my so called friend that i helped her out lent her money and now she being really horrible and wont give it back

so ive just let my tears run wild again ....oh she owes me nearly a $1000.00 wich would help me out alot

default_saludando.gif
it may sound stupid but all thats been going on in my live in the last year

has just hit me and iam a dribble mess

default_saludando.gif
iam so gratefull i have you guys to talk to
default_cheekkiss.gif

I have just woken up to find you sad
no.gif
That will not do
no.gif

We are all here for you
cheekkiss.gif

If you and your 'friend' were closer I'd go around and bop her with the feed bucket. It works on the horses!!
default_yes.gif
default_wink.png

Oh Jenny, I'm so sorry that your 'friend' has treated you so poorly. So many times I wish that we all lived near each other - how simple it would be to just pop round for hugs and a bit of comfort.

Sending you sincere virtual (((((HUGS))))) plus prayers and comforting thoughts.
default_yes.gif

Your could bring the custard creams Anna. Oh wouldn't it be wonderful to all meet up for a coffee morning, of course Bree would be late after her bopping trip. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you have these ladies to come to! Lots of ((hugs)) and best wishes!

Latest posts

Back