Dual Duty Drive

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitney

Reaction score
Has anyone driven one horse, and tied another behind? Is this safe? And if so how did you tie them?

[SIZE=12pt]I know people HAVE done it, but I'd consider it pretty unsafe. If you want to pony one, I'd do it the regular way, with the lead held in your hand...[/SIZE]

I'm with Laura - tying one behind would be pretty unsafe (although I've been tempted, because the miles add up when you have to exercise more than one horse!).

I have driven one horse with my daughter as a passenger holding the lead on a second horse who walks behind. That works pretty well as long as both horses are pretty well trained on the whoa, and back. The person with the lead really has to pay attention to the ponied horse, though, otherwise they could catch a leg in a wheel, or bump into the cart and spook, or any number of stupid horse tricks.

I guess I need to invest in a golf cart..............................

I guess I need to invest in a golf cart..............................
[SIZE=12pt]Or take up jogging
default_wink.png
I used to work my riding mare by running 2 miles out, then riding the 2 miles back...that was a LONG time ago!~LOL[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back