Driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eve Bostock

Reaction score
hi. I have worked with miniature horses for most of my life. But I just bought my first miniature horse named Sox in August of 2019. She was great for the first month and a half. She was driving and giving me no issues. About a month and a half after I got her she started to kick me when I put on her harness and run away when I go to put her halter on. So I moved her to a different barn with less activities going on. And she's starting to do the same thing. I had the vet come out. Which led me to put her on guastroguard and the vet discovered that she's got a weak left stifle. I don't know what to do with her to help her?? Any ideas?? Anything that might help??

This forum has a driving portion, and there are so many people who could answer any question you might have. We don't all drive, so this post might not be read by all the people best suited to answer you. I hope your mare gets back to health, and on track!

hi. I have worked with miniature horses for most of my life. But I just bought my first miniature horse named Sox in August of 2019. She was great for the first month and a half. She was driving and giving me no issues. About a month and a half after I got her she started to kick me when I put on her harness and run away when I go to put her halter on. So I moved her to a different barn with less activities going on. And she's starting to do the same thing. I had the vet come out. Which led me to put her on guastroguard and the vet discovered that she's got a weak left stifle. I don't know what to do with her to help her?? Any ideas?? Anything that might help??

I would say the reason she has started kicking out when you put the harness on is due to the stifle problem. I dont drive but do know stifle issues or weak stifles can cause back issues.

Did your vet suggest anything to help ? Maybe start with some stretching ? If this doesnt work , there is the possibility of "Stifle Injections". This , you would need to talk to your vet about.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back