Driving reins....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sandee

Reaction score
I've searched the equipment sites and have a hard time telling what quality the reins are. I'm fairly sure the $10 ones aren't good but I really don't want to pay $90 for reins if I don't have to. I want/need the lightweight (don't want the thick heavy ones) black reins with the russet attached for the driver.

Has anyone bought replacement reins and can you recommend a dealer to order them? OR am I just better off waiting until Nat'ls so I can SEE what I'm getting? No vendors at the small shows around here (Wisconsin).

I have gotten spare harness parts at Star Lake Farm (www.starlakefarm.com) that have served me well, and assume they have driving reins too. But the round driving lines I got from Ozark Mtn (www.minitack.com) are by far my favorites. They were about $80, but I am about to order a second set. They also have regular reins for $40, which might be just what you want. Come with brass or silver hardware.

Sandee,

Like I said on the other thread, the $10 driving lines that I mentioned are not fine harness and definitely have their limitations, but they have their place. I figured for $10, I could take a chance, and I was pleasantly surprised.

I wouldn't use these for a show, but then I wouldn't want to use a show harness in the dirt and mud.

Latest posts

Back