Driving Me Buggy 2019 Hours!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sense when we are not our usual selves. Peanut and Cappy get more pushy when my arthritis hurts. Or maybe it just seems that way at the time because my tolerance for foolishness is lowered when I feel crumby.
I hope that you got caught up on your rest. Sleep is good :)

IMG_1068.jpg Zorro and I finally got back out today! It's been too long with the rain and freezing cold wind and snow and high winds. Finally a nice day! We walked quite a bit since he hasn't been out for a little while so our 4 miles took us 120 minutes today. But it was fun getting back out there!

Here are my hours for the week
June 6: 30 minutes driving Peanut,
June 8: 30 minutes driving Peanut
June 9: 60 minutes driving Peanut
June 10: 20 minutes ground driving Cappy

My husband drove Cappy twice while I drove Peanut. It was very good for both minis.
We went to a show Sunday and Peanut was much better in company in the Driving Classes. There was only one other mini in the class, but he dealt with it much more calmly. He was still pretty "up" but it was more in a happy way than from anxiety.

Northwolf where are you? I hope you are out driving :)

Drove Zorro in the bike tonight for 120 minutes. We both don't do well when it's hot and though 80 degrees isn't really that hot for some it's hot for us! LOL! So we were both a little melty until the storm started to blow in and cool us off :)

zorrodriving6 12small.jpg

Zorro and I drove with a friend today. I hauled him two hours so we could drive with Molly and her mini Goldie. We drove for 80 minutes because it was so HOT. LOL! We Montanans aren't used to the heat... :D

@MindySchroder where did you get zorro's harness? It looks really well made.
I get my harnesses from Chimacum Tack. The one in my profile picture is the Comfy Fit harness and Zorro's start out as the MaraFUN SuperFUN harness. But I have since pieced his harness together using some Comfy Fit parts (the saddle and the breeching) and some MaraFUN parts. His bridle is an English bridle :) So his is a mish mash of things! I call it my "trail harness."

zorrowithshoulderreliefgirth.jpg

20 minutes ground driving Peanut and 30 minutes with Cappy. I give up with Cappy, lol. Turkeys were roosting on the fence and that made him hysterical. Same blasted turkeys that were browsing in the pasture when he was grazing NEXT TO THEM this morning. Seriously. Imma get me a big horse...

20 minutes ground driving Peanut and 30 minutes with Cappy. I give up with Cappy, lol. Turkeys were roosting on the fence and that made him hysterical. Same blasted turkeys that were browsing in the pasture when he was grazing NEXT TO THEM this morning. Seriously. Imma get me a big horse...
It's crazy what will set them off. I even had to LEAD Dapper Dan past two scary things on our last drive. Two inanimate things.

Well, Cappy redeemed!himself somewhat. Ground driving went well today and he actually remembered his lesson from Friday. Hope!to! hitch him again soon. My friendly !'s are back. I was missing them.

Latest posts

Back