Driving Me Buggy 2019 Hours!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not much driving for us in the last two weeks :( we have had a lot of snow, very icy roads and some thunderstorms that made driving impossible.

2/1: 20 minutes for Moony
2/2: 20 minutes for Teddy
2/3: 60 minutes SLEDDING! for the team Teddy/Moony and 40 minutes on the sled for Massai
2/10: 20 minutes for Teddy (not really funny with that ice on the road :( So we did only a short drive...)

Hopefully it will be better the next few weeks!

Thank you Cayuse!! I do love my Zorro :)

Zorro did 90 minutes of ground driving with the travois today!

I just saw this of Zorro and that's a great photo. Does he have on those hoof boots to keep his feet okay?

I just saw this of Zorro and that's a great photo. Does he have on those hoof boots to keep his feet okay?
When we don't have snow on the road then he wears his hooves down on the gravel. We do LOTS of miles so I do have my ponies wear boots on the fronts. They don't seem to need them on the hinds at this time. His boots are the Equine Fusion boots, the Active model. We love them!!

Yay! 40 minutes out with Zorro today. I'm not sure whether this should go in the driving column or the ground driving column. He pulled the sled and I would get in and out of as we went...

View attachment 39630

Those eyes fascinate me. I love the mostly white with those blue eyes. Good looking fellow. Is is a swashbuckler as person Zorro was in the movies?

Weather is amazing right now, but the roads are still icy. I tried to drive on the weekend.

2/15: 50 minutes for Moony, 20 minutes for Teddy
2/16: 1 hour for Teddy/Moony

Zorro got in about 20 minutes of drive time today. The weather wasn't terrible when we started but by the time I got him hitched the snow was blowing in sideways! He was NOT impressed by my great ideas. LOL!

I got a set of shafts built by Patty's Pony Place. I found them for sale on Facebook and grabbed them up! So now my Kingston cart has their suspension kit and their shafts and is quite the machine. If you are wondering about upgrading your shafts I would have to say go for it! I have some adjusting to do but that wasn't going to happen today... Next time for sure!

Here he is being super annoyed with me. LOL!
zorroandeasyentry2.jpg

And then looking handsome...
zorrandeasyentrycart.jpg
As you can see I have to adjust the height of the shafts so my seat isn't tipping back like that. But I know all my ponies are going to love having a bit more room and I love how adjustable these shafts are!!

2/19: 60 minutes ground driving for Moony
2/20: 50 minutes ground driving for Teddy
2/23: 50 minutes for the team Teddy/Moony
2/24: 30 minutes for Moony

Zorro got in about 20 minutes of drive time today. The weather wasn't terrible when we started but by the time I got him hitched the snow was blowing in sideways! He was NOT impressed by my great ideas. LOL!

I got a set of shafts built by Patty's Pony Place. I found them for sale on Facebook and grabbed them up! So now my Kingston cart has their suspension kit and their shafts and is quite the machine. If you are wondering about upgrading your shafts I would have to say go for it! I have some adjusting to do but that wasn't going to happen today... Next time for sure!

Here he is being super annoyed with me. LOL!
View attachment 39676

And then looking handsome...
View attachment 39675
As you can see I have to adjust the height of the shafts so my seat isn't tipping back like that. But I know all my ponies are going to love having a bit more room and I love how adjustable these shafts are!!
You should clear things up on Facebook so I can comment and help you there too. You do need to adjust the shafts and try to get the body of the cart level. Not totally certain you will be able to, as the cart is pretty low behind that horse. As adjustable as our signature shafts are - you still need to have at least close to the right size of cart for the horse. Though you have indeed seen all of our data on FB and likely YouTube as well, here is a link to one on how to set up a cart.

Latest posts

Back